The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishFinatic77

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Does anyone know what vegetables are safe to feed plecos? I have been feeding him zucchini, but I want to give him some other things to eat as well. I know cucumbers and sweet potatoes are good for them to eat. What else?

Does anyone know what vegetables are safe to feed plecos? I have been feeding him zucchini, but I want to give him some other things to eat as well. I know cucumbers and sweet potatoes are good for them to eat. What else?
Cucumbers are good. I feed mine blanched cucumbers and algae wafers.

Do you have driftwood in its tank? They need to have wood fiber in their diet, to properly digest food.

Could I put some cucumber in for mine? I've got platies in there with him?

Cucumbers are good. I feed mine blanched cucumbers and algae wafers.

Do you have driftwood in its tank? They need to have wood fiber in their diet, to properly digest food.

I'm growing some cucumbers in my garden so I'll give him some of that.

No, I don't have driftwood in my tank at the moment. I wanted to get some months ago, but then covid-19 happened and my lfs wasn't open. I'm going to get some soon though.

What about broccoli, carrots, lettuce etc. Can he eat that?

Broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, lettuce are fine. You can steam all of these to make them softer.

And all are good for the platies too! They should have some vegetable foods as well to keep them in best health.

Broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, lettuce are fine. You can steam all of these to make them softer.

And all are good for the platies too! They should have some vegetable foods as well to keep them in best health.

Thanks! And yes @Kelp23, your platies can eat the veggies. My cherry barbs eat the zucchini I put in for my pleco. They love it, and it's really healthy for them too!

Most reactions

Back