Vegetable Weights

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mortaliton

Reaction score
Top of the Evening all!

I'm looking for recommendations here and hopefully product links. I have a feeling my Google terminology has failed me and I'm searching the wrong key words.

I'm looking specifically for a vegetable weight due to my zucchini being buoyant. I tried boiling it but I guess themodyamics did not work in my favor. I'm currently using a fork to weigh the zuchini down. I know they say if it's not broke don't fix it. But is there something similar out there? Stab it in the vegetable and it keeps it at the bottom of the aquarium? Or shall my future involve vegetables and forks? I'm rotating veggies for my bristlenose plecos as of right now.

Thank you ahead of time all

Tie a piece of fishing line to the fork and put it in your aquarium so you can easily pull it out. Stainless steel fork and remove it eminently after they eat the vegetables.

Sounds dumb but it seems to be the best option!

I use stainless steel skewers. I put it right through the vegetable and anchor it into the substrate. They also have pleco specific skewers with spirals at the end to hold on to vegetables, their name is eluding me right now. I have also used stainless steel forks in the past.

What I did for a spinach leaf was simply lodge it under a rock... Don't know how well it would work for zucchini though

Vegetable Weights​

I used to lift watermelons when I worked in a fruit n vege shop. That is similar to using vegetables as weights.

Use a stainless steel fork

I use a broken piece of terra cotta flower pot and a rubber band, Works good if you can get the right sized piece of flower pot.

I have stuck with the fork for now. I will try the axon plant weights in the future. Thanks for the suggestions all. The fish love the zucchini for sure. My gourami is willing to throw fisti fins with anyone who gets close. I need to find a veggie that doesn't leave seeds everywhere if I can

That's one other one I was looking at. Vegetable clips as well that magnetize to the outside of your tank to hold them in place or just weight them down.

I have stuck with the fork for now. I will try the axon plant weights in the future. Thanks for the suggestions all. The fish love the zucchini for sure. My gourami is willing to throw fisti fins with anyone who gets close. I need to find a veggie that doesn't leave seeds everywhere if I can
cut the seeds out of the slice before putting it in the tank

I dont recommend mine, but I use wooden clothespins and office clips
1663313235192.png

Sure they rust, but so what, I can replace them
I am looking for something better though :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back