Variegation?

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hi, How does Variegation work in plants? Is it a gene in a plant or just another type of plant?
Can I get rid of Variegation in a plant?

genetic mutation, a bit people having different eye colour to their parents.

no you cant get rid of the variation once its there.

genetic mutation, a bit people having different eye colour to their parents.

no you cant get rid of the variation once its there.
alright
there was a low light pothos and some of it had only a Teeny bit of variegaton

alright
there was a low light pothos and some of it had only a Teeny bit of variegaton

If you mean the appearance of the leaves, this is something that can change depending upon conditions. The plant may have "x" genetic makeup, but if grown under brighter light, or less intense light, or with this or that nutrient mix, the leaf appearance can change in pattern, size, sometimes colour, depending. In the aquarium, Echinodorus (sword) plants commonly respond to their environmental conditions with variated leaves.

If you mean the appearance of the leaves, this is something that can change depending upon conditions. The plant may have "x" genetic makeup, but if grown under brighter light, or less intense light, or with this or that nutrient mix, the leaf appearance can change in pattern, size, sometimes colour, depending. In the aquarium, Echinodorus (sword) plants commonly respond to their environmental conditions with variated leaves.
wow can i have a photo of variegated echinodorus?
mine only got sunburbt because the duckweed that was giving it cover got blown away with the new filter arrangement

wow can i have a photo of variegated echinodorus?
mine only got sunburbt because the duckweed that was giving it cover got blown away with the new filter arrangement

The red-leaf and spotted varieties of Echinodorus are selectively bred. The same plant can have more red, less red, larger or smaller blotching, etc, depending upon the light and nutrient conditions of the aquarium it is growing in. Similar for the natural wild species; the same species genetically can have considerably longer leaves, or shorter leaves, or darker green, etc, depending upon the conditions of light and nutrients in the aquarium.

The red-leaf and spotted varieties of Echinodorus are selectively bred. The same plant can have more red, less red, larger or smaller blotching, etc, depending upon the light and nutrient conditions of the aquarium it is growing in. Similar for the natural wild species; the same species genetically can have considerably longer leaves, or shorter leaves, or darker green, etc, depending upon the conditions of light and nutrients in the aquarium.
oh yeah
i have the "red rubin"Echinodorus
it's leaves are brownish when small and green when large

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back