Vampire Plecos ok in a community tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MojoFish

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have experience of vampire plecos? How are they with other corys and catfish like bronze corys and hoplo catfish?

many issues between them tetras and mollies?

thanks in advance!

I also read they get to 10 inches... is that peoples experience?

Go ahead. Just make sure you're able to provide it with the right care and do lots of research before!
I also read they get to 10 inches... is that peoples experience?
Not every pleco will get to that size, I'd say it's an average size that doesn't count anomalies that are particularly small or large. Prepare for it to get to that size, though.

Good advice thanks!

any advice on tank mates?
Plecos are known to be very greedy, and may end up eating smaller fish (like fry), though I've not personally had any experience with this. They're generally very peaceful and passive, and will only become territorial when disturbed by other fish.

I have a sultan pleco and I read they are called vampire pleco too,I take it they are the same and if so,mines has been in the tank for about 6 months with no probs.It is only about 3 inch though and very rarely does it venture out from under the slate.I also have a zebra and snowball under there too.I have layered the slate and each pleco has his own bunk haha.it would be nice to see them once in a while,but they must be happy enough.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back