The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
hello! i'm wondering how manny babies a vallisneria can produce.
there was one that produced a baby, and i cut it and moved it upstairs to the mini tank, and it did not sprout any more babies i', wondering if they can only have one baby in a chain

There can be many plants in a chain.

There can be many plants in a chain.
no i mean like a single plant in a chain can the plant form a new chain after it has been cut off from the chain?

Vals will spread by stolons, runners, across the tank. Once the baby plant is established you can cut the stolon and the plant will continue to grow.

If you move them too early they may not have enough energy reserves to start growing fast. Vals are easy to grow but I find they need to acclimate to the tank before they start growing well, its the same for most plants.

Once established you may find that you end up throwing away a number of plants every month or so because they get too thick, also the runners like to run along the edge of the tanks, you can direct them with well placed rocks.

Vals are not as tough as other plants in a bleach dip, if you do that.

The new plants will eventually make new chains.

Vals will spread by stolons, runners, across the tank. Once the baby plant is established you can cut the stolon and the plant will continue to grow.

If you move them too early they may not have enough energy reserves to start growing fast. Vals are easy to grow but I find they need to acclimate to the tank before they start growing well, its the same for most plants.

Once established you may find that you end up throwing away a number of plants every month or so because they get too thick, also the runners like to run along the edge of the tanks, you can direct them with well placed rocks.

Vals are not as tough as other plants in a bleach dip, if you do that.

The new plants will eventually make new chains.
thank you!
maybe the val in the little tank has not acclimated yet
i see what you mean~ my giant vallis took over like 1/8 of a tank in a few months

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back