Vallis aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JakeKM

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I work at an aquaculture research facility and I thought I'd share a few pictures of the 400 litre display tank that I've been responsible for for the past 5 years. There's a minimal hardscape, it's almost entirely vallisneria plants. I planted a couple about 3 years ago, alongside other plants, but the vallis took over and I like the look, there is no CO2 and no fertilizer input. Apologies for the picture quality, my phone is 5 years old and cheap.
IMG_20221110_163247747_2.jpg
IMG_20221110_163930494_2.jpg
IMG_20221110_163259282_2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20221110_163934910.jpg
    IMG_20221110_163934910.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 3,489
I love your underwater jungle!! I’ve had some vals in the back corner of one of my tanks for the past six months but they aren’t taking anything over yet. I do hope to get a similar effect in my tank eventually though.
1C5DBC84-277A-4190-BAA7-5B57C0620E82.jpeg

Hi all,

I work at an aquaculture research facility and I thought I'd share a few pictures of the 400 litre display tank that I've been responsible for for the past 5 years. There's a minimal hardscape, it's almost entirely vallisneria plants. I planted a couple about 3 years ago, alongside other plants, but the vallis took over and I like the look, there is no CO2 and no fertilizer input. Apologies for the picture quality, my phone is 5 years old and cheap.
Have you measured the length of the leaves to see how long they are? I have some val which are around 1.2m long so are still manageable, no need to trim them just yet. I've been told that if you trim it, the affected leaves will die - any truth to that?

Have you measured the length of the leaves to see how long they are? I have some val which are around 1.2m long so are still manageable, no need to trim them just yet. I've been told that if you trim it, the affected leaves will die - any truth to that?
Yeah, they get to around a meter in length. I trim the leaves every couple of months or so, I don't think they die.

Hi all,

To be honest, I love it when nature takes over the tank. It's got a more natural look... 👍

Unfortunately, that tank does not qualify for entry in Tank of the Month. The tank must be your own tank in your household. But if you own tanks, hope you enter one of them in an upcoming contest.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back