Used tank water in water butt?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I poured my old tank water over the roots of my tomato plants yesterday. I always wash the tomatoes before I eat them.
When we had a vegetable patch, I washed everything we grew in there regardless of what was used to water the plants. The lettuces always had a variety of livestock between the leaves from slugs and spiders to earwigs and greenfly. The bean pods often had part eaten away by slugs and snails with slime trails over the rest of the pod. Carrots often had holes in with earthworms inside. I did use tank water on the roots of the bean plants but not lettuces or any root veg.

I also either wash or peel all fruit and veg from the supermarket.

I poured my old tank water over the roots of my tomato plants yesterday. I always wash the tomatoes before I eat them.
When we had a vegetable patch, I washed everything we grew in there regardless of what was used to water the plants. The lettuces always had a variety of livestock between the leaves from slugs and spiders to earwigs and greenfly. The bean pods often had part eaten away by slugs and snails with slime trails over the rest of the pod. Carrots often had holes in with earthworms inside. I did use tank water on the roots of the bean plants but not lettuces or any root veg.

I also either wash or peel all fruit and veg from the supermarket.
Sounds about right ...
Normal farming that uses pesticides and what not is way more harmful than water from the fish tank .

Am prety sure its safe.

Look at the paddy field water .... its muddy and all sorts of fish also leaves there cant imagine it to be too cleaned though ,,,

I use tank water for my orchids and other indoor plants Whats left is dumped on flower beads

Back in the Olden Days, before the water conditioners we use today were even thought of, water butts were the main source of 'mature' water for aquarists. However, all of the advice regarding this included the caveat that this water needed to be boiled before use, so as to kill off potentially harmful microorganisms.

Most reactions

trending

Back