US Members, what website/store do you order from?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

foxgirl158

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm looking for a specific type of platy that none of my LFS sell. What website/online store have you found is the best to order live fish from?
TIA!

Hello!
I'm looking for a specific type of platy that none of my LFS sell. What website/online store have you found is the best to order live fish from?
TIA!
idk about this, im trying this myself today but you could ask them if they can order your fish so you dont have to pay the shipping(lfs)

I second TWS, great selection, healthy fish...here's some others

Live Aquaria is the most reputable but don't be surprised to find that over half their fish are "out of stock" and they supposedly email you when they are available (I've never got an email) but they still carry a more diverse selection than your local fish store. Shipping charges are reasonable.
Aquarium Fish.net - also carries a diverse number of fish and if you spend more than $169 your shipping is free. They must not have had what I' was looking for because I've only ordered once from them.
Imperial Tropicals is one of my favorites - I've placed 5 orders in the last couple of years. I don't recall what their shipping costs are but I believe they are resonable.
Arizona Tropical Gardens - I've ordered from many times because they nearly always have whatever obscure fish I'm looking for. Prices are good but you will PAY PAY PAY for overnight shipping. The others mainly charge about $49 for overnight shipping which usually includes a styrofoam box, all the fish double bagged with a good amount of air and heating pads or cooling pads depending on the weather where you are. I've never had one die. But they always make a mistake on their smaller orders (they generally sell to aquariums, fish stores and even NASA. My last order which I placed due to the number of unique Gourami as well as Glass fish I couldn't find anywhere and a Betta for an empty but cycled 5 gallon tank and then sent me 2 identical Betta's - so I had to rush out and purchase a tank, heater- the filter and lights came with it. Now these Betta's are stunning BUT they charged me $79 to ship, $9.99 for the Styrofoam box and $1.99 for a cold pack - and get this - three weeks after arrival a number of the new fish came down with ICK which I've never, ever had a problem with - so I'm treating it now. I will never order from this store again. They always make a mistake in the order but it's the only online fish store where I've picked up a disease. I guess I need to re-set up a quarantine tank after all - but I don't know if I would ever quarantine an entire month. They have awesome selection of fish but are just not careful. They breed most of their fish on site.

Live Aquaria is the most reputable but don't be surprised to find that over half their fish are "out of stock" and they supposedly email you when they are available (I've never got an email) but they still carry a more diverse selection than your local fish store. Shipping charges are reasonable.
Aquarium Fish.net - also carries a diverse number of fish and if you spend more than $169 your shipping is free. They must not have had what I' was looking for because I've only ordered once from them.
Imperial Tropicals is one of my favorites - I've placed 5 orders in the last couple of years. I don't recall what their shipping costs are but I believe they are resonable.
Arizona Tropical Gardens - I've ordered from many times because they nearly always have whatever obscure fish I'm looking for. Prices are good but you will PAY PAY PAY for overnight shipping. The others mainly charge about $49 for overnight shipping which usually includes a styrofoam box, all the fish double bagged with a good amount of air and heating pads or cooling pads depending on the weather where you are. I've never had one die. But they always make a mistake on their smaller orders (they generally sell to aquariums, fish stores and even NASA. My last order which I placed due to the number of unique Gourami as well as Glass fish I couldn't find anywhere and a Betta for an empty but cycled 5 gallon tank and then sent me 2 identical Betta's - so I had to rush out and purchase a tank, heater- the filter and lights came with it. Now these Betta's are stunning BUT they charged me $79 to ship, $9.99 for the Styrofoam box and $1.99 for a cold pack - and get this - three weeks after arrival a number of the new fish came down with ICK which I've never, ever had a problem with - so I'm treating it now. I will never order from this store again. They always make a mistake in the order but it's the only online fish store where I've picked up a disease. I guess I need to re-set up a quarantine tank after all - but I don't know if I would ever quarantine an entire month. They have awesome selection of fish but are just not careful. They breed most of their fish on site.
I know quite a few people that use Live Aquaria and Imperial.

Definitely agree on Arizona Tropical and the shipping. Wanted to order from them so badly, but shipping for 2 rams was $95. No thanks.

I second TWS, great selection, healthy fish...here's some others

ahh cheap swordtails
must buy

ahh cheap swordtails
must buy
Don't get too excited...shipping can be a bit pricey...but, last I heard, they now have a flat-rate...not sure if it is still in effect, though

I know quite a few people that use Live Aquaria and Imperial.

Definitely agree on Arizona Tropical and the shipping. Wanted to order from them so badly, but shipping for 2 rams was $95. No thanks.
DISCLAIMER: I have never ordered anything, fish or otherwise, from Arizona Tropical.

That being said, I personally know a few fishkeepers who have, and their experience was "less than satisfactory", to put it mildly.

DISCLAIMER: I have never ordered anything, fish or otherwise, from Arizona Tropical.

That being said, I personally know a few fishkeepers who have, and their experience was "less than satisfactory", to put it mildly.
I've heard that too. Probably from the same person. :) I find they're always out of stock on the one fish I need. And yes, their shipping charges are pretty extreme.

I have always had good success with Aquabid - just be sure to read reviews of their sellers.
'Prices are typically very reasonable and shipping usually is too. I've paid as little as $20 for overnight shipping for 4 cockatoo apistos. I don't believe I've ever paid over $30 in shipping on that website TBH and sometimes shipping is free (but logically, the fish cost a bit more).

I have always had good success with Aquabid - just be sure to read reviews of their sellers.
'Prices are typically very reasonable and shipping usually is too. I've paid as little as $20 for overnight shipping for 4 cockatoo apistos. I don't believe I've ever paid over $30 in shipping on that website TBH and sometimes shipping is free (but logically, the fish cost a bit more).
I've had good luck with Aquabid, as well

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back