US Capitol!

Donā€™t know why . Out of all the places itā€™s the sub tropical island that has a British flag on must be a practical joke
Ikr... Also why would we want that flag in any of our states? Isn't that the flag for the guys who were the racists in the Civil war?

Ikr... Also why would we want that flag in any of our states? Isn't that the flag for the guys who were the racists in the Civil war?
Iā€™m no American historian but I believe that was a confederate flag , remember history is written by the victors . Iā€™m sure thereā€™s loads of Americans that donā€™t see the confederate flag as racist itā€™s part of Americaā€™s history and if they won the war Iā€™m sure the union would of been made out in a different way

Iā€™m no American historian but I believe that was a confederate flag , remember history is written by the victors . Iā€™m sure thereā€™s loads of Americans that donā€™t see the confederate flag as racist itā€™s part of Americaā€™s history and if they won the war Iā€™m sure the union would of been made out in a different way
Yup and the confederates wanted slavery

Yeah probably did to be fair . KFC though ? Old man sanders could cook a chicken
That's what the war was about... Slavery and "freedom" for African americans

Eh, not really... Kinda has British vibes šŸ¤£
Why, as an American, are you roasting the history of our great country? Saying we have nothing original is blasphemy.

Why, as an American, are you roasting the history of our great country? Saying we have nothing original is blasphemy.
Just stating the truth. Name one thing we have that isn't inspired off someone else's country/culture

It is usually folly to view history thru the lens of modern times.

e.g. Many revere the Spartans*, but they were brutal by todays standards.

* - I'm confident that at some point they will be erased from history by certain groups.

Just stating the truth. Name one thing we have that isn't inspired off someone else's country/culture
We (USA) are not unique in that respect.

e.g. A lot of Italian food was ripped off from the Greeks after they enslaved Greek cooks. Pastitsio -> Lasagna

So here you have slavery AND cultural appropriation.

We (USA) are not unique in that respect.

e.g. A lot of Italian food was ripped off from the Greeks after they enslaved Greek cooks. Pastitsio -> Lasagna

So here you have slavery AND cultural appropriation.
Exactly...
It is usually folly to view history thru the lens of modern times.

e.g. Many revere the Spartans*, but they were brutal by todays standards.

* - I'm confident that at some point they will be erased from history by certain groups.
Maybe but why pay tribute to those things?

Exactly...

Maybe but why pay tribute to those things?
Because we are fallen human beings. You can pay tribute to the good portions of an idea or culture, and reject the bad.
The 60s counterculture gave way and planted the seeds of much of what ails our society today, but there are portions of it that are wheat amongst the chaff.
You can admire the engineering and products of WWII Germany without paying tribute to the evil that created it.

Because we are fallen human beings. You can pay tribute to the good portions of an idea or culture, and reject the bad.
The 60s counterculture gave way and planted the seeds of much of what ails our society today, but there are portions of it that are wheat amongst the chaff.
You can admire the engineering and products of WWII Germany without paying tribute to the evil that created it.
That is true I suppose...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back