Urinating on Tomato Plants-Does it work or does it not and why?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Do you Urinate on your Tomato Plants

• Total voters
I have to say in my fifty or so years of gardening, Iā€™ve never used human waste on my tomatoes or any other plants. I do use some of my aquarium water but mostly on my roses and azaleas. I am a firm believer that meat eaters waste should never be used unless it has been treated and then I still wouldnā€™t use it. Plus, you know, if you pee on your tomatoes and you have hepatitis and somehow a transfer happens from like an insect or bird and then other people could become infected.
The 'luxury' of living in modern times and places.
Human 'soil' is a full-blown industry, elsewhere in the world, providing much-needed nutrients to poor ground.
It used to be the same here.
Putting aside the transmissions of disease and parasites, used properly, it was/is a valuable resource.

Anyone with Fuller as a surname in the house?
A Fuller used to be the man who would visit houses to collect urine, which was used for a variety of uses.
So anyone called Fuller is a P*** taker.

Not that I suggest weeing in your tank, but I noticed the other day in the fish shop that flourish nitrogen does have urea as one of the active ingredients....

The 'luxury' of living in modern times and places.
Human 'soil' is a full-blown industry, elsewhere in the world, providing much-needed nutrients to poor ground.
It used to be the same here.
Putting aside the transmissions of disease and parasites, used properly, it was/is a valuable resource.

Anyone with Fuller as a surname in the house?
A Fuller used to be the man who would visit houses to collect urine, which was used for a variety of uses.
So anyone called Fuller is a P*** taker.
Hey how come I get told off for saying s**** but Bruce doesnā€™t for putting p*** :(

Despite his funnyness I do know a fuller haha

As mentioned by Bruce, human and animal waste has been used to fertilise plant crops for thousands of years, right back to when humans first started farming. Farmers would have outside toilets and everyone peed in a bucket and that was diluted with water and poured around the base of the plants for fertiliser. Poop was also used and most farmers handled their own and other family member's poop, which was mixed with other organic matter and spread around plants. They didn't have soap back then either.

Tomatoes don't want too much fertiliser and this includes pee. If you are outside and need to go, then an occasional tinkle on the plants won't harm them and will benefit them. However, straight urine is pretty strong so shouldn't be used daily.

Citrus and roses are gross feeders and will take a lot more pee than tomatoes.

How come this thread is still serious and the API test kit one has gone into farts, multitasking and general Mod silliness?

This is serious, we are talking about potentially the life or death of a Tomato plant or Lemon for that matter

How come this thread is still serious and the API test kit one has gone into farts, multitasking and general Mod silliness?
What is interesting is that after x number of posts these threads go off track. After my Thread was locked the other day I did some Statistical Analysis, it was locked because the subject had been discussed fully. Of the 129 posts on that thread only 69 were about the subject, I think you will find that is the case on most of the threads on this forum site.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back