Urgent!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kristine bean

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My blue linkia starfish moved to the corner of the tank late last nght and was still there this morning.....He had like a couple brown, tenticle looking type things coming out of the middle of him and hanging down. I just returned home and now theres a lot of that hanging down and he still hadn't moved.

Does it sound like he's dead and like, expelling his insides?? I'm very upset because I don't know whats happening. I hope someone else has a linkia or another kind of star so that they could tell me whats going on.

ps water, salinity, gravity, and temp tests were all what they should be.

n/m. I buried him in the backyard. :-( i almost threw up the smell was overwhelming.... :sick: I haven't had anything die before. Whats the next step? I just changed the water this weekend but should i do it again because something died?

Oh well nobody will read this in time.....I will look on the internet for help.

:(

I heard they were hard to keep. sorry to hear the loss. If you are running a reef I would not over water change. You don't want the chemistry to change too much too fast.

I can't give much advice here. I heard that they were for expert reef keepers only, so I wouldn't know. It sounds as if its stomach was hanging out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back