Urgent Temp. In My Tank!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Seshat Odair

Reaction score
I don't know what happened I came upstairs and looked in my fish tank, two fish were dead! the temp was a little over 14 degrees to high!!!! WHAT HAPPENED! the only thing i have done diferently was adding some water clarifier, I don't think that is it but unitl i figure this out I'm not adding any more of it. The heater hasn't been on all day, so it didn't go insane and heat it to much. I don't understand! Our power did flicker once today, but i don't think thats it either! HELP! I am switching ice packs every five minutes, is this to fast, id on't know what to do here... HELP ME

14 degrees!?

Wow something must have happened here, firstly what are you using to measure your temp?

Unplug your heater for now

Try a 50% water change with cooler water

Well there can be only 2 ways the tank got hotter, your enviroment room temp went up 14 degrees or the heater got stuck on for an amount of time( maybe the power spike in the day fryed the heaters thermo)

From this i would advise a water change but temp match it maybe 5-6c lower a 15degrees water change could put them into shock. Start filling 2 ltr bottles of empty pop with water then freeze them, these can bring the tank down by 5c by just floating them. Go buy a new heater to be sure and safe :good:

I wouldn't do a water change at all, you want a gradual temperature decrease, not a sudden one.

Replace your heater, unless you're in the states and are experiencing the freak heatwave? In which case just unplug it for the time being.

I wouldn't do a water change at all, you want a gradual temperature increase, not a sudden one.

Replace your heater, unless you're in the states and are experiencing the freak heatwave? In which case just unplug it for the time being.

Yeah should have said By cooler, I dont mean 14 degrees cooler lol, just 2-3 degrees

#41#### it! Did I miss it!? Ill read your posts more carefully in future lol

#41#### it! Did I miss it!? Ill read your posts more carefully in future lol

Thanks people! I used ice packs to cool down the water, two fish went into shock! ;( I unplugged th eheater and it has been doing fin, I'll keep a watch on it! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back