Urgent - Rams Have Whitespot, What Should I Use?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Luketendo

BLENNY :O
Reaction score
Ok I heard that when you are medicating with corys in the tank you need to half the dose, is this true?

My rams have got whitespot and I need to start dosing after I have done a water change.

Could I please have a quick answer? I need to started acting straight after I get home from school, thanks.

some medications are toxic to scaleless fish (loaches, catfish, etc). Check the directions and if it says to use at half dose for scaleless fish then use the half dose on your catfish.

Ah ok then, at least I have two different medications.

One is King British White Spot Control.

Active Ingrediants: Malachite green, acriflavine, quinine sulphate.

The second is Waterlife Protozin.

This says half the dose for scaleless fish.

Active Ingrediants: It does not say.

I suppose I use Protozin???

I'm going to use it..

I havent used medications to cure ich in years.
Just turn the heat up to the mid 80s(F) and do water changes every other day, thoroughly vacuuming the gravel every time.
About 10-12 days later the ich will be gone.

I havent used medications to cure ich in years.
Just turn the heat up to the mid 80s(F) and do water changes every other day, thoroughly vacuuming the gravel every time.
About 10-12 days later the ich will be gone.

Well I would do something to clean the ich out of the sub strat. Ich doesnt like heat,

you can gravel clean sand but you have to kink the siphon hose to slow the flow of water draining out. Then you push the gravel cleaner into the sand and watch the sand circulate in the tube before dropping back down. It takes a bit of practice but it can be done.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back