Urgent! Netty Or Anyone!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

liz2

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I have lost at least 4 bettas over the space of a week. None are together, they go lethargic and then get like white cotton wool on them. Now my favourite girl has got it, she is in clean conditioned water with a little salt. I did this with one yesterday and then added velvet teatment and he was dead this morning. What meds can I use I really dont want to loose her!

I have lost at least 4 bettas over the space of a week. None are together, they go lethargic and then get like white cotton wool on them. Now my favourite girl has got it, she is in clean conditioned water with a little salt. I did this with one yesterday and then added velvet teatment and he was dead this morning. What meds can I use I really dont want to loose her!

is it ich?

are her scales popping off?

shine a flashlite on her with the lights off is she gold?

do her eyes look clear? can she focus on anything?

is she pooping?

are her colors the same?

is she clamped?

describe her actions!

Heya, just a thought but it's odd that so many fish would die for apparently no reason... I was chatting to someone who breeds various catfish. He lost around £2000 of stock the other week because our water board failed to mention we sometimes have phosphate spikes in the water supply...

Just if it gets to the point that the cause of death can't be explained, especially if they're all in separate tanks... It might be something to consider.

Oh good Wilder got there :good: Hope you manage to sort things out....it's soul destroying when you lose so many at once. Columnaris is very infectious so could easily have spread to your other tanks through nets or syphons etc.

:crazy: it deffo looks like columnaris. I had this once before and lost so many fish....I have treated the little girl with myaxin or whatever it is called. She also has an aerator in with her. Touch wood others seem Ok. Nobby needs cleaning but he will have to wait. I need to get new nets etc. :angry: You are all so good at answering so fast. The water round here isnt too clever I was talking to someone who has lost some of their fish..

Thanks again, am going to have a relaxing bath and not think fishy thoughts....note to self dont look at shower curtain as it is covered in fish, note to self take earrings and necklace off and try not to notice the dolphins on them....grin...

you don't need to get new nets. just boiling the old ones should sterilise them or, (i know it seems strange but it works) wash them in vodka or something else strong and then rinse them thouroughly.

sorry to hear about your little friends! :-(

You need to add some pimafix with the myxazin for columnaris in the uk.

you don't need to get new nets. just boiling the old ones should sterilise them or, (i know it seems strange but it works) wash them in vodka or something else strong and then rinse them thouroughly.

sorry to hear about your little friends! :-(

dont ruin the vodka!!

they have net sterilizer at some pet stores.

Oh nooo......what a shame but you never know. We've a few in the past that we didn't think would make the night (Nobby included). Let's hope she's still got some fight left in her.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back