Urgent Help Please . - Bristlenose Eggs .

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Zincubus

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Urgent help please .

I just pulled out my TUFA rock disdlay to enable a good vacuuming session but my MALE bristlenose was reluctant to let go of his piece of rock he and his wife usually just drop out back into the water quite happily . I then noticed about 10 or 15 egg like things but they seemed to be covered in a white mucus or something. Have they spawned and the eggs just rotted or is the white layer a protective cover ?

I put the rock back and added the other pieces and the male bristlenose was back in place on the same bit of rock . Could he be holding some HEALTHY eggs or even young babies ??

So confused I hope I haven’t ruined things for the happy couple 

the eggs should be a nice yellow colour from bristlenose's.
as the eggs were white when you removed them, its probable that they are rotten.
dont worry though, its also safe to assume that its the first time your fish have spawned, so its expected as with most fish's first spawns.
at least you know they're spawning :good:
i urge on removing the fugus infected eggs but you could leave it until the fish have lost interest.
for next time, try and remove all possible spawning spots that aren't supplied with a good water flow (although the fish should fan their tails over the eggs anyway) and add some of those pleco spawning caves or pvc tubing.
best of luck,

Pink.

sounds like fungus to me, try moving whatever it is they have spawned in into the current of the water, this may help next time round.

also pinkdolphin by BN eggs were red :blink: whats the deal with that?

He's still fanning either the eggs or young so maybe we may get a couple of babies :)

sounds like fungus to me, try moving whatever it is they have spawned in into the current of the water, this may help next time round.

also pinkdolphin by BN eggs were red :blink: whats the deal with that?

I'm not sure. I guess it could depend on species. I've never been too fond of BNs so I've never had major interest in them. They're not the prettiest of fish and they're no challenge to breed. My eggs were yellow, so I just went from that.

Pink.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back