Urgent ! Anybody Wants To Adopt A Green Tiger Barb? London

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

chiara

Reaction score
Hi there
I am quite new in the hobby, today by suggestion of my local fish store, I bought 1 green tiger barb which is chasing badly my 2 rams. Does anybody in London want to adopt my green tiger barb? Please need help ASAP!!

Hi there
I am quite new in the hobby, today by suggestion of my local fish store, I bought 1 green tiger barb which is chasing badly my 2 rams. Does anybody in London want to adopt my green tiger barb? Please need help ASAP!!

can you not take it back to the store?

its al very well saying take it back too the store but if you buy something from a store you should now all about it or a good deal of info before hand!!

If you can't take it back, try getting about 7 more if your tank is big enough.
Tiger barbs usually aren't as aggressive to other fish when they're in groups of at least 8.

Thank you for your advice I'll try take it back to the shop tomorrow really hope they will take it back, happened to me before they didn't really liked it.. I tought about the option of giving him some more barbs to play with but I couldn't take more than a couple extra (total 3) to avoid overcrowding my tank which is quite small for the barbs (I only found out on this website after came back from the shop!) only 35 L.

Do you think that if there would be 3 Barbs instead they would be busy chasing aech other and would leave alone my Rams?

Thank you for your advice I'll try take it back to the shop tomorrow really hope they will take it back, happened to me before they didn't really liked it.. I tought about the option of giving him some more barbs to play with but I couldn't take more than a couple extra (total 3) to avoid overcrowding my tank which is quite small for the barbs (I only found out on this website after came back from the shop!) only 35 L.

Do you think that if there would be 3 Barbs instead they would be busy chasing aech other and would leave alone my Rams?

Ok take it back but in future please do reasearch before!

your not the first to make mistakes wont be the last i doubt?
just bothers me when people get a fish till its too big and take it back thats the worst thing!

Ok take it back but in future please do reasearch before!

your not the first to make mistakes wont be the last i doubt?
just bothers me when people get a fish till its too big and take it back thats the worst thing!

Chill out, dude... :blink:

chiara, I would just take it back. I think having a total of three would only be worse.
Your tank is only about ten gallons. If you want a good list of fish that will be okay for ten gallons, I suggest you read through this thread:
http://www.fishforums.net/content-page/116...-Gallon/page/0/

The problem is when they sell the fish as babies and then they grow... like my LFS is selling baby oscars that are no bigger than platies, and people will buy them without bothering to ask what they are...

We have a tiger barb species tank. From research and our limited experience sometimes having a larger group (six or more) tiger barbs can make a difference, which you are not equipped to do in your tank. On the other hand we have also had the experience even when we had nine tiger barbs in a 29 gallon with one particular barb being excessively aggressive. We had to return an albino tiger barb to the store for this reason. Good luck! If they will take him back you should return him. Not sure about compatibility with Rams but Cherry barbs are smaller and less aggressive though they need groups of around 6 and might still be too much for a ten gallon with another species.

and i dont think you should really have a pair of rams in a 35 litre tank i think thats a bit small as they are very territorial as they are cichlids but peacefull ones!

Most reactions

trending

Back