Upside down Cat Fish.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Igem_43

Reaction score
I have an Upside down catfish that we have had since 1985 or 1986. I wanted to know if anyone knows the oldest one in captivaty?

Thank you,
Igem_43

welcome to Tropical Fush Forums.
Wow.. a 34 yr old catfish. How large is it? What size tank is it in? What do you feed it?
Pics please

Last edited:
Definitely wanna see! That is so cool

How often did you clean the tank? What size tank? Tankmates?

The oldest I can find online is 15 years

welcome to Tropical Fush Forums.
Wow.. a 34 yr old catfish. How large is it? What size tank is it in? What do you feed it?
Pics please
[/QUOTe

He is 7 in. Tip to tail. He is a Synodontis Eupterus.
He is in a 125 gal. aquarium but he went from a 10, to , a 20, then a 55 and then the 125 gal aquarium. We have had so many different fish with him over the years. The things we put in the tank for him to eat are pellets but he eats mainly on the stuff on the drift wood that he lives on most of the time. Right now we have an African Bichir in the aquarium that is 17 in. long. We do not dare put anything smaller then 7 inches in the tank because the African Bichir lives on feeders and crayfish. Send a pic in a few.

I have an Upside down catfish that we have had since 1985 or 1986. I wanted to know if anyone knows the oldest one in captivaty?

Thank you,
Igem_43

Thank you,
Igem_43
part0_5.jpg

I think it is the oldest. You should find where to get it recorded because that is awesome

I know that's why I posted it here did you see the pic. I don't know who to talk to about that.
I dont know? The Guinness book of world records??? Lol. Maybe find a science place and call or email them? @Byron who would you suggest contacting?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back