Upgrading! Woohoo!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishwatcher

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
South Carolina... Smiling Faces, Beautiful Places.
For Christmas I've decided to use the 55g tank I'm getting to upgrade my sw tank. I'm trying to decide on the stocking for it and need a wee bit of help.
In the 29 g I have now I've got an Occ. clown, a lawnmower blenny, a watchman goby and a pearl jawfish. I am planning on adding a coral beauty or smaller puffer soon. To this I would like to add the other (angel or puffer), a small group (#3) of green chromis, a firefish, another clown and possibly a Royal Gramma.
Does that sound like too much? If so, what would you take off the list? This list is just made up of all the sw fish I've come to like over the months, so none of them are a must-have.
Thanks for any help! :good:

You could probably get away with adding some juvenile species of tangs as long as you're willing to give them up when they outgrow their home.

I think I'm going to skip the puffer, then go with a coral beauty, 5 chromis, another clown, a firefish and maybe a royal gramma, if that all wouldn't be too much. I'd rather not have to take a fish back bc of size... I'm afraid I'd get too attached!
When I add the other clown, if it true that one will assume the female role and the other will assume the male role?
Thanks, chris!

How big is your clown? If it quite big and has already changed sex to become female and you accidently also get another female then one could end up killing the other! Just be careful when getting your new clownfish and monitor both fish when the new one is added to the tank to make sure it is not bullied/attacked or even killed by the other!

If they do get along then they should pair off with the more bigger and dominant one turning into a female!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back