Upgrading to a new tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

shaziasadiqah

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So, my 57gal is cycled and ready to go. I put my two blackghost knife and add 4 angels. They are happy and no one seem to bother anyone.

i know they needed a bigger tank and i do plan to upgrade it to a 100 or 150gal next year.

i got the substrate from the old tank, plants, stones and filters. I add some new substrate and plants too but iā€™m really careful about keeping the filter as is so i donā€™t kill any beneficial bacteria.

the question though, now they seem to eat less, i mean they still finish the food and eat but they just donā€™t seem to be too excited. Is that okay? Are they just trying to adapt to the new tank or should i be worry?

They are probably still stressed because they just got moved to a new tank.

Have you tested the parameters since the big move? Despite moving over the filter, substrate, etc, the tank can still go into a 'mini cycle while everything catches up.

Have you tested the parameters since the big move? Despite moving over the filter, substrate, etc, the tank can still go into a 'mini cycle while everything catches up.

i have tested the water yesterday, iā€™ll check again in a few hours and planning to do that for the next two weeks just to avoid any spikes.

i give them some new variety of food, too. I guess they kind of donā€™t like the change in their food or something or still trying to adapt to it, too but i just want to give them a balanced diet thatā€™s why i give them some new variety of food.

They are probably still stressed because they just got moved to a new tank.
Thank you, iā€™ll watch them carefully for the next few days.

because the tank is so much bigger than my old tank (it is a 15gal) i think it pretty stressed them out. It even stressed me out before i move them all because i was so scared and anxious about the new tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back