Upgrading to a new tank cycle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishstyles

Reaction score
So I have a 280 litre fully established planted tank. I made a cabinet/stand and bought a new same sized tank to place on top of it. The only slight problem I have is that both these tanks are in a room upstairs and well I am a bit concerned about having two tanks filled at full capacity at the same time, that's a lot of weight on the floor.

Would it be possible to lower the water volume in the established tank, fill the new tank up. Move the established canister filters (I have two) on to the new tank and then add the fish on the same day? I have heard that this is possible online but I have also heard conflicting opinions.

no, i think it will still need to cycle in the tank, not just in the filter.
it will be quicker, yes , but just wait like 1 week insteead of 2+ bc you already have established filter

no, i think it will still need to cycle in the tank, not just in the filter.
it will be quicker, yes , but just wait like 1 week insteead of 2+ bc you already have established filter

Hmm I was under the impression adding the two mature canister filters and the fish straight away into the new tank would be able to handle the bio load.

Hmm I was under the impression adding the two mature canister filters and the fish straight away into the new tank would be able to handle the bio load.
It would but still needs to cycle...
Id do that to be sure :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back