Upgrading My Lighting

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

scottca

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi All,

Finally sourced some replacement cover panels for my Fluval Vicenza 180 so I can begin trying to modify the back panel to accomodate an extra T5 Light.

I think I can either fit another 24watt, or a 39watt Bulb. The tank is 180litres (Although I have realised that the usuable volume that the water can occupy is only 150 litres)

The standard lighting is 2x 24W so I have approx 1.5wpg - If I add a 39W tube, I will be going up to nearly approx 2.5 wpg.

I run Compressed CO2 and am going to start dosing TPN daily - I have a heavily planted tank, will 2.5wpg of T5 be ok, or is that too bright for the fish?

Will there be a massive improvment over the 1.5wpg?

At the moment I also have 1x powerglo and 1x life glo - what would you recomend I add as the aditional bulb?

Regards,

Craig

Hi All,

Finally sourced some replacement cover panels for my Fluval Vicenza 180 so I can begin trying to modify the back panel to accomodate an extra T5 Light.

I think I can either fit another 24watt, or a 39watt Bulb. The tank is 180litres (Although I have realised that the usuable volume that the water can occupy is only 150 litres)

The standard lighting is 2x 24W so I have approx 1.5wpg - If I add a 39W tube, I will be going up to nearly approx 2.5 wpg.

I run Compressed CO2 and am going to start dosing TPN daily - I have a heavily planted tank, will 2.5wpg of T5 be ok, or is that too bright for the fish?

Will there be a massive improvment over the 1.5wpg?

Regards,

Craig

There's a link to a great lighting article in aaronnorth's sig. The page has a calculator you can use to determine the "Amano standard" for your particular tank size.

Ah ok, I forgot to calculate the HO part... would you say its a benefit to increase more lighting, or would it just be surplus light that doesnt really make a difference?

Cheers,

Craig

yes it would be good to increase the lightig, you also have to think about CO2 injection & fertilisers.

i was just saying if you are not to bothered about it, then dont bother.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back