Upgrading from 37 gallon to 55 gallon, need a little help

Nemesis13

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum, I have been in the hobby a couple years now I started out with a 37 gallon and now want to upgrade to a 55. I was wondering if I could just transfer my decor, substrate, drift wood, and filter to the new tank. My filter will do up to 60 gallon tanks, I plan on getting a new filter down the road so I can put this one back on my 37 gallon so I can have 2 tanks. I was wondering if I still need to let the tank cycle? I was planning on only using 25% old water and conditioning new water to fill the rest of the way. I have read mixed reviews on this and I understand I need to get the water to the right temp and introduce the fish slowly. What are everyone's thoughts on this, will I be alright in doing this. If any suggestions please let me know Thank you everyone

P.S. The Electric Blue Acara in the photo are not mine they are back with their owner. Also the angelfish past away this is a old picture just wanted to show the tank. Thanks :)

1618162725764.png

. I was wondering if I could just transfer my decor, substrate, drift wood, and filter to the new tank.
Yes, you can. I recommend cleaning the decor and substrate before moving them over.

I was wondering if I still need to let the tank cycle?
If you use the same filter, and don’t throw away the media, you should be able to instant cycle the new tank.

Make sure to keep the media moist, or the bacteria will die.

Honestly, it sounds like a good plan. I have done almost the exact same thing on several occasions, and it worked out pretty well.

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for the quick responses. I just picked up the tank and going to start the switch now. I'll post in a couple hours with a picture.

Thanks again everyone.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back