Upgrade To The 55

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ox5477

Wet pets make the best Pets
Reaction score
~~~~~~55G begins at post #16. Leaving first progress thread as a base of where things started in my salty life~~~~~~

Not really much of a progress thread as I've left out the first two or three months but anyways.. here we are today..

Stocking:
  • Flame Angel
  • Yellow Wrasse (2)
  • Percula Clown
  • Cleaner Shrimp
  • Turbo Snail
  • Dove Snail (3)
  • Emerald Crab
  • Blue-Legged Hermit (2)
Pics of Tank and some of the stocking:

tank7272007.jpg

flame27272007.jpg

flame17272007.jpg

yelwrasse3.jpg

yelwrasse2.jpg

Equipment:
  • 2 HOB Filters: One as Refugium, one for extra filtration and phosphate remover
  • 3 Maxi's giving roughly 22x to 25x turnover
  • Shop light with 60 watt ballast
  • 75 watt heater
  • ~30 to 35 lbs of LR

Pics of the flame do no justice to his vibrant tiger striping. He is quite curous and plays peek-a-boo with me from behind the mound of LR on the left going back and forth and peeking out from behind.

In the tank pic, you can see the turbo's handy work with his sweeping back and forth making the cool patterns on the back wall

Some may think I need some more LR and thats your opinion, but I love the open feel and the two mound style that gives lots of hiding spaces and swimming space. Im not worried about the filtration because of the HOB filter helping out the LR.

Thanks for wasting 10 minutes of your life to look! :good:

i wasted 2 :p quick reader i am perhaps.

lovely flame! how much did it set u back??

I wasted none, I like reading this sorta stuff. :p I like the wrasse.

i wasted 2 :p quick reader i am perhaps.

lovely flame! how much did it set u back??

$62. quite expensive but I know the owner of the lfs I bought him from always has healthy and beautiful specimens so I felt it was worth it

not bad, uk is alot more expensive!! ... along with our weather count yourself lucky you dont live here :p

wow, i guess I found a deal, I was under the impression that was expensive. Well I guess I got a good quality fish for a great price then :good:

But arn't fish in general across the pond more expensive?

yer mainly i think because we either have stricter laws and we are further away. Also the saltwater part of the fishkeeping hobby is still pretty young, meaning less people = less profits. Thats why i tihnk prices ar higher.

yeh cheapest ive seen a flame round here is £65 but with my discount i can get them for 52 :D still tooo rich for my blood though lol!

awesome looking tank :)

here in texas the flames run on average about $80-$120. so yes you did get a great deal. those are awesome looking fish!

Its the reef shop in Irondequoit. Heres their website... The Reef Shop

Have alot of nice corals and a decent array of fish with the casual very unusual find. One of the nicest salty shops in the area

What type of HOB did you use for the 'fuge? Aquaclear, Whisper, Penguin, what...?

The refuge filter is one of these, I believe a 150: Penn-Plax Cascade
Its not the highest quality filter but it was cheap and a good filter for the first filter I ever bought about 9 monthes ago

The other HOB is an aquaclear using 2 sponges and a bag of bio-media with a phosphate remover pad. I believe this is an aquaclear 30

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back