Upgrade Glitches

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
One glitch thats realy bad for me and I don't known if it happen to other users.
If a picture is posted by the OP and some one replies the the thread their reply is stuck over the picture.

http://www.fishforum...ge-bubble-nest/

Edit: OMG it's not happening now

After clicking on View New Content, any thread I click on automatically opens at the last post, which means one has to scroll back up, possibly to the first post. This only appears to happen when clicking on a thread title. If a thread has multiple pages and I click on a thread page number, it doesn't occur.

This behaviour is still occurring.

The picture glitch as mentioned by myself and strontium dog is still happening.

What browsers are u using out of interest?

I dont have the error and i'm using firefox

I'm using Mozilla and things seem pretty OK just the odd hiccup
Anyone using IE8
What are things like under the new Microsoft Browser
ATB
C

When you read through old posts from before the upgrade, all the quotes are no longer shown as quotes.

Reading through my journals I can barley make out what I have said and what is someone elses quote.

I believe this is something to do with BBC Coding. IMG, QUOTE tags etc. Obviously the old board and new board do not use the same or use them in the same way.

Many of the direct links in old posts are now also broken, makes it very difficult to look back at any topics and make sense of some. Picture links where the img tags have not been used are a good example.

When you into a topic, there is an annoying box that pops up on the top left that is then replaced by the first post.

Incidentally, I am using Firefox because between this and other forums I use, Firefox is the only browser that handles all of them. I had to bin IE7 and IE8 as they are useless.

I could easily my code own posts, but would ake forever with my amount of posts, I am however tempted to do my own in my journals, if this can be sorted board wide though it would be far easier.

Out of interest, what actually is the difference between old and new code, cos I don't notice anything different?

Out of interest, what actually is the difference between old and new code, cos I don't notice anything different?

The codes seem to be the same but for some reason, the new board is not recognising any quotes inserted into posts before the upgrade was done. There is no difference as to how you actually use them but when you now quote someone, have a look at the way the codes appear either side of what was said. This did not used to display in the same way. Therefore I am guessing that somehow the codes are processed differently.

If you click on any of the journal links in my sig, you will soon come to a quote, these now just show with the word quote above them, whereas you used to have a quote box in the finished post the same as you do now.

Obviously, for new posts this is not a problem, its just a shame that when you now try to read through a journal, there is no visual differences between a quote and the text you have written.

I moderate on a forum where the actual quote, image, link etc buttons are actually the codes you use, I therefore know how to use them and how to change the codes so that you get the persons name in a quote or can label a link with for example "click here". I often edit posts and fix these codes so that they display properley if people have deleted part of the code when typing their post. It just looks so much neater and tidier.

I also have a certain degree of OCD and like to see things neat and tidy. I do appreciate there have been many problems, and these are slowly being addressed, just wanted to bring this glitch to Big C's attention as he asked for people to do that.

Oh wait, I am using Internet Explorer 8...I thought 7 was the new one. Silly me.

So yeah I'm totally up to date browser wise...just doesn't seem to want to work all of the time.

When I post a 'fast reply' I get almost a screen full of lines - each with one icon for the options (eg bold, italics, underline etc) instead of them all being in a row above the text box.

The IP Board Pro skin is still in the Beta version, which means there will be a few glitches here & there. Per Invision, upgrades will be available when completed.

I am using the IP Board Classic Blue (import) with Firefox as my browser and see much the same kind of thing TigerIssey. I see it especially in the profile area. The rest of the forum looks pretty good in this skin so I just keep using it.

If a post's title is longer than that new clear space in the middle of the blue bar at the top, I can only read the part of the title that's in that clear space.

Also, the forum automatically opens with a skin called "Blue Justice", which has no place to log in (or out). If I change the skin to "IP Board Classic Blue", the old format comes up, and I can then log in (or out). But if I am logged in and using "Blue Justice", I have to change it back to "IP Board Classic Blue" to get a log out button.

After clicking on View New Content, any thread I click on automatically opens at the last post, which means one has to scroll back up, possibly to the first post. This only appears to happen when clicking on a thread title. If a thread has multiple pages and I click on a thread page number, it doesn't occur.

Any news on the above glitch?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back