Reaction score
Stocking: 4 Electric Blue Rams, 1 Bristlenose Pleco
pH: 8.2
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Ammonia: 0
GH: 358 ppm
KH: 7 dKH
The pH increased a little bit from last week, but since the fish are acting fine I think it'll be fine. I think the rams and the pleco grew a little bit. One of the rams is now an inch long! I'm glad that as of now they're doing fine. I'm still a little worried about the GH and pH being too high, but based on the comments from my last post I'm just going to let it be. Once I get some more money next week, I'll go ahead and buy the corys and tetras.
I got rid of this small piece of brown driftwood inside of the tank. It doesn't match the piece of driftwood in the tank right now, so I'll take it out and put it in my 55 gallon tank. I'll post an update for that tank tomorrow since there will be plenty to talk about with that tank. As for this tank, I'll need to get some new plants with the change, but overall I like it. The centerpiece is able to be the main focal point of the tank, and it does a perfect job of doing that. It also goes really well with the background of the tank (it's mostly blue, but if you look closer it's based on a coral reef). It's a very pleasing color scheme to me, and the red and orange plants also go well with the tank. The green ones are fine, but for this tank I may lean towards the warmer, brighter colors when I get new plants. I think it'll go well with the vibrant community I plan on having for this tank in the future.
That's it from me for now. I'll be sure to update you guys on this tank next week, and I'll probably post something about the 55 gallon tank sometime soon as well. ✌️

Attachments

• IMG_1553.JPG
    IMG_1553.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1599.JPG
    IMG_1599.JPG
    388.4 KB · Views: 90
The Rams are acid loving fish, so are the other fish you are planning to add. A pH of 8.2 is to high for these fish to be happy in long term. If you are going to keep South American fish it is best to try and mimic the soft acid water they come from.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back