Unusual aquarium ecosystems

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hi

I think we should all join each other on YouTube it says you need one hundred subscribers to get your channel a name.

Well, not sure if it's trolling or not but someone asked if they were baby snails on account of them not swimming! Since when did snails swim?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good free video editor for the YouTube channel?

Thanks in advance!

Usually I just post straight from my phone and optionally use the Youtube editor.
If I do want to make the effort I like KDEnLive (AFAIK there is a Windows version too)

Usually I just post straight from my phone and optionally use the Youtube editor.
If I do want to make the effort I like KDEnLive (AFAIK there is a Windows version too)
Hi

I tried to use kdenlive however had issues with it making the video smaller when using the rotate video 90" degrees effect function! It's a bug apparently, it made the video small like it had huge letterbox on the top and bottom but also the sides.

I'm curious I'll have to look up more info for the YouTube editor, but is it easy to use and does it let you do the same type of thing as kdenlive will?

Hi all,

I uploaded another video, this is showing how to clean / refurbish a bottle aquarium. It's a bit tricky given the bottle neck heh

I do think we should start networking with each other to improve the chanel subscriptions and popularity.

After doing the refurbishment two months ago, the snails have ate away at the base of the elodea Densa plants and they are floating around again! Does anyone know who the likely culpret is, rams horn or Malaysian if not both??

Well I predicted that the Malaysian snails did it however this article directly quoted the ramshorn snail as wanting to feed on the elodea Densa! Another article says the Malaysian snails only ate the dead plant leaves.

So it looks like I need to take them out of the bottle aquarium and refurbish it again. Strange though because this hadn't happened until recently and the aquarium was made over a year ago. I'll make a new aquarium at the weekend with grass in and see how that goes, but I might have a read about to see if they eat grass as curiously the small aquarium I made with the sand in lost all its grass upon addition of the snails yet a small plant in the other aquarium with the shrimp and other ramshorn snails has been well for the last five months?

Just had a thought, the shrimp was fed and the snails eaten the left over of the algea wafers so this might be why they didn't eat the plant assuming they didn't like it?

Hi all,

Hope you are well and having a good new year!

Just had a thought, what plants can you put into an aquarium that will grow fast and shed leaves so the snails can eat them and not live plant material?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back