Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The **** are the conditions you're keeping them in, they're normally so chill. I'd say something is stressing them out for the to be eviscerating each other
Hang on a minute just relax a little there. @NCaquatics is a good fishkeeper and knows that what happened isn’t her fault. Sometime you get schools of fish that constantly attack some other fish in the tank including schoolmates.

I don't like discus. Sure, they have nice colors, but they have boring, expressionless faces and no personality. Plus they are picky and hard to care for.
I'd like them mainly because I like the contrasting idea of a few very large fish and tetras swimming around them, but most other large fish are predatory

Or just the wild phenotypes too.

I miss my wild phenotype splendens. She was just something else, looks wise.

My koi girl now is gorgeous and all, but there was just something so incredibly special about my old wild girl.
Looked it up and now I agree totally

My opinion is certainly unpopular around here and tends to spark some reactions when mentioned. Not all domestic bettas are unsuited for community tanks and depending on the individual and the tank mates, they can do very well in them. All of mine have been in communities.
Fair enough. It can be done with a well planted space. I've even seen them with chili rasboras doing fine! Although it is largely dependent on the betta's behaviour. Some are just more calm than others

I'll just drop this rock in the relaxation pool....

Cycling with hardy fish in the tank is great way to learn the hobby. (Obviously, there's some 'buts' attached)
LIke anything in this world ...cycling w/without fish has it's nuances...I think cycling with fish is a great way for beginners to go cuz it services that having fish itch...not everybody is patient enough to wait before adding fish, especially for absolutely first timers. But there are nuances that people must know about.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back