Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Here's an unpopular opinion: Paperwork is best delegated to the peasants.
I guess I am the ultimate peasant then lol.
I’m a dm(dungeon master) for my friends who play dnd (dungeons and dragons) which basically means that I create every little detail, every planet, every content, every country, every city, ever person.

I’m a dm(dungeon master) for my friends who play dnd (dungeons and dragons) which basically means that I create every little detail, every planet, every content, every country, every city, ever person.
I used to be fairly into that game a long time ago. I had a few really fun characters. Never tried DMiing but did write an adventure or two that as far as I know no one ever tried. DMing looks like too much work. ha ha

I love DND!!! I’ve tried my hand at DMing. Not very good at it and I know how much work it takes!!

I know a lot of you all hate the bubblers because they’re not natural...

But my coreys and I love it!! Endless hours of entertainment as they play in the current it creates

d4aa649210056a1f8d59f39e6bdfbfe9.gif

I agree but I look at it like there so ugly it’s cute.
My missus is also very cute. Tell me she's ugly and you get a flat nose.
Meanest critter I had was an Odessa Barb. It chased every other fish to the extent that some even jumped out of the tank. Gorgeous looking but ugly demeanour; typical USSR temperament.

Mine did exactly the same. I thought they were playing and it seems they actually were.
I’m super convinced they are definitely playing. Like a little kid on a water slide going, “again, again, again”. At first I thought they were freaked out by it... but now that I’ve seen them do it hours and hours and keep coming back for more I’m really convinced they truly love it. Soooo adorable

I'm not sure whether catfish really "play" in the sense we mean the word (I'm not sure they don't, either!). But I wonder if the bubbles are attractive for other reasons, too. For example, trout like to live in pools in mountain creeks, but they will hang out along/in riffles (bubbly water!) because that's where the bugs wash down into the pool. When it's feeding time, being in the bubbles is a bit like being first in line at a buffet. Perhaps that's why aquarium fish are attracted to bubbles. Maybe?

They aren't playing, as such. Many Corydoras, including trilineatus which those ones seem to be, will spawn in areas in which the flow is high, so flow from bubbles can get them into an excited state.

Many plecos come from areas in which there is high flow, so there are times you may see them "playing" in the flow produced by the bubbles similar to what these Corydoras are doing.

I have Juliis and Sterbia but it's only the Julii that do it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back