Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

How about..some people seem to always wonder "How much more can I spend on my reef/plant/monster tank?"..
Always one more gadget/fish/plant to add.
:p

How about..some people seem to always wonder "How much more can I spend on my reef/plant/monster tank?"..
Always one more gadget/fish/plant to add.
:p
That's no unpopular, everyone thinks that, lol.

If I want a large saltwater tank in my house with all the extras, I'll just watch a reef aquarium video from youtube on my 50 inch flat screen tv.
That's what my cousin did years ago except he bought a marine tank on dvd and ran that. Then it got too much for him and he bought a 6x2x2ft marine tank.

That's what my cousin did years ago except he bought a marine tank on dvd and ran that. Then it got too much for him and he bought a 6x2x2ft marine tank.
If I want a large saltwater tank in my house with all the extras, I'll just watch a reef aquarium video from youtube on my 50 inch flat screen tv.
R253ecfe0224c11085d1d95f0d5fcdab5.jpg

I don't think a monster aquarium with a hodgepodge of big fish is interesting IF they are jammed together unhappily. Yes,it can be done right and it can be done wrong. The wrongs are..pitiful uses of thousands of gallons.
I'm still waiting for the brilliant aquarist who turns a few thousand gallons into an Arowana planted paradise. Right? Flowering water lilies and big containers of underwater plants *jungle val" and fish too small for the Arowana to pay attention to. Like cardinals or Anostomus..whatever in schools or shoals.

Substrate for Corydoras...

I have read multiple heated articles on sand vs gravel yet decided on fluval stratum.

Ooh, I'd really like to hear some stuff about that stratum stuff. I've seen it in a lot of videos, but never knew what it was called.
Plants seem to love it managed to turn a few into many plants in a short term.

Downside is its very light and corys will uproot anything that isn't rooted.

Attachments

• 20210519_002714.jpg
    20210519_002714.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 43
Plants seem to love it managed to turn a few into many plants in a short term.

Downside is its very light and corys will uproot anything that isn't rooted.
Wonderful, it sounds great. Right now I've got Argos play sand in my 170L, and black aquarium sand in my 54L. Maybe I'll give it a try if I set up a new tank in the future.

That's a fantastic looking cory, by the way.

Most reactions

trending

Back