Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Was it a type of bristlenose?

I see my pleco ALLLLLL the time. I didn’t think I would, so I bought one of the generic brown Bristlenose ones because they were only $4 and the longfin albino bristlenose were $8, but now I wish I had bought the longfin because the pleco hangs on the wood all day and blends in.
Same here, wanted one "just because" and expected it to hide away half the time, but he's actually very and active.

Oh man,I would kill for a $8 long finned BN. Or even short finned red or albino. Last I saw,a red finned was $15 and the manager told me they had gone up from the now big demand for Ancistrus as people are educated more now about the virtue of a suckermouth that tops out at 5" and not..15-25".

Oh man,I would kill for a $8 long finned BN. Or even short finned red or albino. Last I saw,a red finned was $15 and the manager told me they had gone up from the now big demand for Ancistrus as people are educated more now about the virtue of a suckermouth that tops out at 5" and not..15-25".
Ohhhhhh. Hm perhaps I should go get one While I can!

Licorice gourami are stunningly beautiful. I’m also a big fan of chocolate gourami.
Yes I’m trying to get ahold of some chocolates now. And Wow you just introduced me to a new one I never heard of licorice they have gorgeous color though.

Unpopular opinion: Saltwater fish/tanks is much easier than most people think.
I think it's more the expense that puts me off. That's what's putting me off. That and the fact that you generally need a larger aquarium to have a good saltwater than for a freshwater one. Nanos are a little easier to pull off for freshwater. In another life, when I win the lottery, I would love to try a saltwater tank.

Wouldn't know! The only thing that holds me back is the amount of space I'd need and the money. It just seems so pricey!
It is definitely more pricey than freshwater... ?

I think it's more the expense that puts me off. That's what's putting me off. That and the fact that you generally need a larger aquarium to have a good saltwater than for a freshwater one. Nanos are a little easier to pull off for freshwater. In another life, when I win the lottery, I would love to try a saltwater tank.
People also lay on that you need $500 lights and a huge 150g tank.

You can run a successful nano tank, on a pretty tight budget. (Take me for example)

(He says, proceeding to buy two clownfish for $40 each)
$80 ($40/each) for a pair of designer DaVinci Clownfish? A steal.

Obviously you don’t have to get designer fish. Regular ocellaris clownfish sell for about $15/each.

—-

You can also use all of the same equipment as your freshwater tank, in your saltwater tank. That saved me a ton of money.

$80 ($40/each) for a pair of designer DaVinci Clownfish? A steal.

Obviously you don’t have to get designer fish. Regular ocellaris clownfish sell for about $15/each.

—-

You can also use all of the same equipment as your freshwater tank, in your saltwater tank. That saved me a ton of money.
Ahhh, my most expensive was the sailfin plec. $25 USD! Felt like fainting when I saw the price. Didn't even know what species it was, could have been a common and I would have been severely overpaying for it. Lucky me that it wasn't, I guess?

Ahhh, my most expensive was the sailfin plec. $25 USD! Felt like fainting when I saw the price. Didn't even know what species it was, could have been a common and I would have been severely overpaying for it. Lucky me that it wasn't, I guess?
Sailfin Plecos usually sell as low as $20, so you got a pretty good price.

—-

I will admit that saltwater stock is more expensive than freshwater stock, but that is simply because of supply and demand. :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back