Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I am not saying I haven’t tried other meds besides Prazipro or Levamisole, but I never had any luck with them. If fish showed signs of a bad disease or condition, most eventually died from the disease or condition even with trying various meds.

Aquarium plant growing is NOT easy.
What some call easy only means they wont die as fast as the others.
It take some skills to growing any plant long term. Even if you disagree...I know that there is no such thing as "plant and forget". If they thrive? You MUST prune or thin. Then hope what's left does not go wrong.
Many an expert have had to redo an aquascape that no longer was stable...carpet plants got too thick,roots rotted and it became the floating garden of Babylon!
I know..seen it all :teacher:

They are cooler - they are not cuter.

Cories are delightful.

Oh man, I'm torn here... I love both Cories and Clown Loaches. I honestly couldn't pick one over the other. Well, I did recently add Cories to my tank because they were more size appropriate to my 32 gallon. But I would have added Clown Loaches first had that not been a completely irresponsible thing to do with only 32 gallons.

It take some skills to growing any plant long term. Even if you disagree...I know that there is no such thing as "plant and forget". If they thrive? You MUST prune or thin. Then hope what's left does not go wrong.
Many an expert have had to redo an aquascape that no longer was stable...carpet plants got too thick,roots rotted and it became the floating garden of Babylon!
I need to climb that mountain one day... just because it's there and I know it would be a huge learning opportunity. But by the same token I can see from a distance that it's not something to be entered into lightly. Just the fact that plants will absorb ammonia, and then their later absence (should they die) might cause an uptick in ammonia, straining the existing bacteria... speaks to the potential for stability issues that need to be handled with care.

I cant fish anymore either. Loved to young..lakes,the bay,off shore in boats for Striped bass and Salmon under the Golden Gate Bridge too. In fact,I want so bad to take home those fish at the Asian market. Some of those big Tilapia are beautiful with red and white markings like a Midas Cichlid...Catfish,even a 3' Sturgeon. The Tilapia? $4 each or maybe per pound..still not the $60 or whatever a big colorful cichlid sells for in petshops.
Cories and Clown Loaches are about the best use of money-lol. Like investments because they truly can live a decade in anybodys aquarium. As usual,the duller colored seem to be most hardy..but next chance I get to pick up some of those neon cories..@$30 each?..I MIGHT go for it..ha.

I've started aquatic growing plants this year, and have had my fair share of both successes and failures. But I've killed off all my java ferns, which everyone has assured me is impossible, because they are the easiest plants.

Black diamond blasting sand isnt suitable for bottom dwelling fish!
And live bearing fish are the worst, especially sword tails and guppies, mollies and platies are less annoying but not much.
arent swordtails and platies the same thing

arent swordtails and platies the same thing
Similar, they are related and most swordtails have platy dna and most platies have swordtail dna in them. This is from them being hybridised 40 years ago so the breeders could get more colours in the fish.

Similar, they are related and most swordtails have platy dna and most platies have swordtail dna in them. This is from them being hybridised 40 years ago so the breeders could get more colours in the fish.
but can wild platies and wild swordtails breed?

Most reactions

trending

Back