Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

the rooster fighting thing is not illegal sadly, here in fact it is seen as a "healthy" sport for the family and always every year when there are huge fairs and parties there are always idiots who take roosters into a ring to fight them, and the bets are legal.
At least in my state they have already been made illegal but in the rest of the country they are still legal. Poor roosters :(

That's so sad. I have two roosters, and they are both absolute sweethearts. It's awful to think that there are people who make them fight without giving it a second thought. :(

@Colin_T This thing are overrated too, infact I think all betta species are overrated, I heard everyone talk about betta everyday, they all have betta in small cup and you could find betta everywhere in the wild.

And there was the illegal gambling problems going on with fighting betta till death like those roosters fighting thing.

And betta like this is really common, you’ll find them in every puddle in the rice field, so....yeah I’m bored with betta :confused:
View attachment 123088
Stick them in an envelope and send them to me, then.

I'll have them - we don't find them in puddles here in the UK.
Agreed.

Underrated? These are all some of the highest rated fish in the hobby! Though depending on the loach I would agree with that one.
That is why Barry's is an unpopular opinion.

large fish should not be kept in aquariums, unless you have a monster tank. It's like the equivalent of keeping a betta fish in a vase
Absolutely agree with that. Even if they are fairly sedentary fish, it is cruel.

You could try adding more plants to break up the line of sight. I just use excess plants from my other tanks. It will be safer for the two to hide in plants than around the heater. I think neons establish a hierarchy then are more peaceful after a few days.

You were definitely right. Neons has plenty of space to hide. There was definitely a dominate one, hard to pick out in a crowd. But they all calmed themselves after 5 days.

they have since been transferred to the main tank, and the neons and the diamond neons are are shoaling together. I think it’s that same one asserting itself, but it’s not being overly aggressive. They’re 15 total between the two species and almost all the time they are swimming together and being non-aggressive.

so far, happy ending to the story, and they have a Ton of cover in the main tank if anyone get out of line...

You were definitely right. Neons has plenty of space to hide. There was definitely a dominate one, hard to pick out in a crowd. But they all calmed themselves after 5 days.

they have since been transferred to the main tank, and the neons and the diamond neons are are shoaling together. I think it’s that same one asserting itself, but it’s not being overly aggressive. They’re 15 total between the two species and almost all the time they are swimming together and being non-aggressive.

so far, happy ending to the story, and they have a Ton of cover in the main tank if anyone get out of line...
Sounds lovely :) :fish:

Like you I was really surprised to learn about the social hierarchy of neons - an "Alpha Neon" was something I hadn't anticipated. We have one in our tank, too, and currently our little shoal has ostracised on fish who spends his days alone and unloved among the carpet plants, bless him.

However, my pity is limited because I am pretty sure that if he could stage a coup and hang, draw and quarter his rival he would do it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back