Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

...and now I'm craving some watermelon, or some honeydew bars. :D
A girlfriend of mine was from Indonesia. I once had this song stuck in my head. I asked her if she ever had a song stuck in her head. She gave me a really weird look and said " aiya ". Now I know what she meant.

Here is that song, so listen to it and see if it gets stuck in your head.:D

I've always been amazed how much Carl Douglas sounds like Huey Louis in that song.

Also, if a black guy sings about Kung Fu, is that cultural appropriation? :devil:
Hate that phrase, I know it's not yours, the world is built on trading and sharing of cultures. The celts weren't a race but a culture that came out of India, most western church architecture has middle eastern influence I can go on.....
It just fuels the "we're all different and should be afraid of each other" narrative.

Unpopular opinion;

Crawfish and seafood are overrated, I always wanted to throw up while eating them.

Turns out I was having a crawfish allergy.
That is common with food allergies. Your body knows if it's safe for you and if it doesn't want that food in you, it gets rid of it from either end.

If food doesn't smell right or if you feel unwell after eating it, it is probably bad for you.

That is common with food allergies. Your body knows if it's safe for you and if it doesn't want that food in you, it gets rid of it from either end.

If food doesn't smell right or if you feel unwell after eating it, it is probably bad for you.
I guess I'm weird, I don't have any food allergies. :S

I'm only allergic to one medicine. (Cephalosporin)

Hate that phrase, I know it's not yours, the world is built on trading and sharing of cultures. The celts weren't a race but a culture that came out of India, most western church architecture has middle eastern influence I can go on.....
It just fuels the "we're all different and should be afraid of each other" narrative.
I know. Thus the joke.

:no:

Yeah, to be a little more serious (but only a little), I know a lot of Native Americans, and it makes sense to me that a lot of them don't like to see white people dressing up as "Indians" for Halloween or naming sports teams after them or that sort of thing. There is a whole lot of history involved with that issue. On the other hand, cultural sharing happens all the time and it's generally a good thing. I guess it's like a lot of other issues: Cultural appropriation is a legit idea that gets taken way too far sometimes.

But Huey Lewis is obviously guilty of Voice Appropriation. He seriously sounds just like this guy.

Last edited:
Yeah, to be a little more serious (but only a little), I know a lot of Native Americans, and it makes sense to me that a lot of them don't like to see white people dressing up as "Indians" for Halloween or naming sports teams after them or that sort of thing. There is a whole lot of history involved with that issue. On the other hand, cultural sharing happens all the time and it's generally a good thing. I guess it's like a lot of other issues: Cultural appropriation is a legit idea that gets taken way too far sometimes.

But Huey Louis is obviously guilty of Voice Appropriation. He seriously sounds just like this guy.
I can see why they dislike that. People make them look like idiots, when they are actually very smart and serious. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back