Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
"I've decided that no fish should be injected with jellyfish semen."

What!?

That's a "thing"?

Eeeeeeeew! o_O:oops::oops:
Well whoever said it isn't wrong...........it shouldn't happen..........now or in the future........and not just jellyfish semen either.........infact injecting anything with semen is wrong........outside of normal procreation............if you want to describe that as injection...........which you shouldn't.........stay in school.........stay off drugs.........

People say german ram cichlids are peaceful ... they can be about as peaceful to another as a bucktooth tetra bullying and killing it's tankmates because my male ram cichlid just would not stop bullying my female ram cichlid and I assume that she eventually died from the stress caused by her abusive male partner and that my cardinal tetras ate her because I cannot find her in my aquarium anymore and only the male ram is there.

Peaceful is a relative term. Rams are peaceful - for cichlids. That doesn't mean they are peaceful fish, just more peaceful than a lot of other cichlids. And rams don't have a tendency to attack different species like some other cichlids.
Rams do need to choose their own mates. Buying just any male and any female doesn't mean they'll get on.

Plecs are ugly. Not cute-ugly. Just ugly. And bristlenose. Even the albino. Actually especially the albino.
There. I've said it.
Sorry everyone.
Plecs are some of the most ugly/beautiful/ unique fish there are. The problem is they are rather reclusive. I have the most beautiful pleco - a Blue Phantom L128, Navy blue covered in white polka dots -looks like a dragon rather than a fish. Nothing ugly about him. And I think the Lemon colored bristal nose with blue eye is lovely. The same thing could be said about Loaches - my favorite group of fish - get a couple of Dojos going and watch them play in the spray of an airstone. It's pretty entertaining, They drive all the other fish around them nuts. I get tired of the same old oval shaped fish. These are great varieties

s.
Blue Phantom Plecostomus.jpg
The Blue Phantom (not my picture - but looks just like mine I don't know how they get them to hold still long enough for a picture. Mine has his cave and rarely makes a visit. ) Mine is close to 4"but they said it would take about 15 yrs to reach a max size of 7 inchese.

Plecs are some of the most ugly/beautiful/ unique fish there are. The problem is they are rather reclusive. I have the most beautiful pleco - a Blue Phantom L128, Navy blue covered in white polka dots -looks like a dragon rather than a fish. Nothing ugly about him. And I think the Lemon colored bristal nose with blue eye is lovely. The same thing could be said about Loaches - my favorite group of fish - get a couple of Dojos going and watch them play in the spray of an airstone. It's pretty entertaining, They drive all the other fish around them nuts. I get tired of the same old oval shaped fish. These are great varieties

s. View attachment 117934 The Blue Phantom (not my picture - but looks just like mine I don't know how they get them to hold still long enough for a picture. Mine has his cave and rarely makes a visit. ) Mine is close to 4"but they said it would take about 15 yrs to reach a max size of 7 inchese.
That's definitely a show stopping pleco! His tail even looks iridescent.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back