Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

That a lot of people fear anything from and about nature. That everything is full of bugs, critters, bacteria and need microwaving, cooking for hours, treating with meds and antibiotics before use in a tank.

And now the unpopulair part : That fish suffer more of our fear than from the actual things we're afraid for.

Another unpopulair opinion : We shouldn't keep single fish cause we ourselves aren't able to provide the right circumstances (limited space for instance) to keep more of a species.

That a lot of people fear anything from and about nature. That everything is full of bugs, critters, bacteria and need microwaving, cooking for hours, treating with meds and antibiotics before use in a tank.

And now the unpopulair part : That fish suffer more of our fear than from the actual things we're afraid for.
Yes! Nature is not an enemy. I know people that are afraid to stick their arm in a fish tank because there are living things in there... :rolleyes:

Yes! Nature is not an enemy. I know people that are afraid to stick their arm in a fish tank because there are living things in there... :rolleyes:
Totally agree - but I have to admit that many years ago I was swimming in Lake Garda and suddenly realised that there were fish all around me. BIG fish . . . and I have to admit I was a little bit creeped out. They kept coming up to me and . . . nosing me . . .

I think they were just curious, but things swarming round you is a bit disconcerting.

I have since learned that there are PIKE :oops: in there.

PIKE!!!!!!! 😱😱😱😱😱

If I'd realised that I would never have been so cavalier about it.

Totally agree - but I have to admit that many years ago I was swimming in Lake Garda and suddenly realised that there were fish all around me. BIG fish . . . and I have to admit I was a little bit creeped out. They kept coming up to me and . . . nosing me . . .

I think they were just curious, but things swarming round you is a bit disconcerting.

I have since learned that there are PIKE :oops: in there.

PIKE!!!!!!! 😱😱😱😱😱

If I'd realised that I would never have been so cavalier about it.
Pike don't hur humans, you know?

Lol... When I got him... I didn't know the gender as he was too young. I thought Mary was a cute name for a Blood Parrot... Bloody MARY. And I figured there was a 50/50 chance so I went with it. It took over a year for me to realize he was a male fish. By then he already had the name set and he even comes when called - so I just left it.
I'm sure he's confident enough in his masculinity to carry it off.

After all, John Wayne's real name was MARION. ;):lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back