Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

I had a big pleco take 1/4 inch off a still living bluegill once. Last time I over-wintered my pond customer's pleco in my aquarium. I just have bristlenose and one clown pleco.

Indeed. They also make good eating apparently.

Attachments

• C3BCADC3-B4A7-44DD-AF91-94B92848E0CF.jpeg
    C3BCADC3-B4A7-44DD-AF91-94B92848E0CF.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 21
I have an unresolvable pet peeve here. I hate it when you check the new posts, and hit a few in a row where there is nothing to be done for the fish. The problem is untreatable and it seems wrong to leave the poor fishkeepers spending money only to make an unfortunate fish more unfortunate from extra stress or meds.

There are days when the forums make me feel like a publicist for the grim reaper.

I have an unresolvable pet peeve here. I hate it when you check the new posts, and hit a few in a row where there is nothing to be done for the fish. The problem is untreatable and it seems wrong to leave the poor fishkeepers spending money only to make an unfortunate fish more unfortunate from extra stress or meds.

There are days when the forums make me feel like a publicist for the grim reaper.
Along with a lack of knowledge that is one of the reasons I don't get involved in a lot of diagnostic threads.

The thread started 3 years and 170 pages ago, but that question of mean neons has never been resolved. All I can figure is the tank was too small. My neons were always peaceful little things.

That was a classic unpopular opinion though, with no backup and no explanation.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back