Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

A lot of people spend huge amounts of money for giant aquariums- build them even,for only to have a mediocre or poor looking mish mash collection of fish.
Be glad its not you!

Last edited:
alright, everyone gets to share unpopular opinions they have. Fish related.

I'll start.

Neon tetras are mean little turds.
When I kept fish at work, my co worker and I liked to pick the ugliest Betta. We figured it had been sitting in the shelf the longest.
Now my charity fish is sick. 😓

Khuli loach's gross me out. Sorry I had to say it, I know lots of people love them.
Mrs. Badger HATES my dwarf kuhlis. Says they look like snakes. She's right, of course; that's part of what makes them so cool. But we differ in our opinions on snakes, too. ha ha

Mrs. Badger HATES my dwarf kuhlis. Says they look like snakes. She's right, of course; that's part of what makes them so cool. But we differ in our opinions on snakes, too. ha ha
I love snakes, always have... My mom dislikes them but still respects them.. She likes the look of kuhli loaches though 😅

I would do kuhlis but I've heard that their sensitive to salt use and if I ever have to treat the tank with salt, I don't want to have to worry about them

Try some epsom salts for the Betta as a cheap cureall. Worked on fungus for my Rainbows the other day.

It looks like Rachel O'leary has tired of Youtubing. She had some accident but it was minor and has shown no new content in months. Corvis Oscen has gone from showing plants to just talking about them. Not into that. His veiws is not what it used to be.
Some others have done the "I'm moving" excuse..some are,others not so sure. The King went from trying t o create his own public aquarium to just keeping whatever gets views to pay the bills. I never got the feeling that he's really into this hobby. But now he's trapped and if he has to go out and catch Flipper to get views...
Rachel has been through a LOT of personal stuff in 2022. Rachel had knee replacement surgery and recovery took longer than she expected. Her husband and daughters helped with the fish room. Then her husband was in a motorcycle accident and broke many bones, unable to care for himself while he healed up. Rachel was taking care of all of his needs and doing just the bare minimum for her fish. One of her daughters then admitted herself for depression. Then she went through a divorce and one of her daughters went with the husband. Rachel ended up with the house on a couple of acres, with all of her fish ponds and the property to take care of by herself which was a lot. Then she ended up with breast cancer. She hasn’t been able to continue with things as they were prior to late autumn 2021 and is having to make some difficult decisions and downsize her fish room and sell a bunch of stuff. No time for traveling to events and speaking, no time for making videos. She has been without an income for over a year and has been struggling.

alright, everyone gets to share unpopular opinions they have. Fish related.

I'll start.

Neon tetras are mean little turds.
Common Plecos don't grow as fast as what some peorple scare you with🤡

Common Plecos don't grow as fast as what some peorple scare you with🤡
5 years is nothing in the life of an aquarium. They grow fast with good food and clean water, he said, leaping out from behind the door with a chainsaw and a clown suit.

I have no 'danger' of catching invasive Oscars like you would, but I had a sunfish tank for a few years, and that completely killed my once favourite thing - fishing. If I were in Florida I'd fish for some of the fantastic native aquarium fish, but my use of hooks days are done. From now on, it's a minnow trap or a hand net.

I still eat fish though - as a food hypocrite. It's the sport side of things I soured on.
We are the same

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back