Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I guess it is all about the culture in which you were raised. I can't see myself eating oscars either but that is just a difference in culture. Still, is it really any different than eating perch or bass?
No not really. It's because I have raised oscars. I still eat fish from the store. But my favorite pastime since i was a kid. Was fishing. I cannot do it anymore thanks to these two oscars.

No not really. It's because I have raised oscars. I still eat fish from the store. But my favorite pastime since i was a kid. Was fishing. I cannot do it anymore thanks to these two oscars.
I have no 'danger' of catching invasive Oscars like you would, but I had a sunfish tank for a few years, and that completely killed my once favourite thing - fishing. If I were in Florida I'd fish for some of the fantastic native aquarium fish, but my use of hooks days are done. From now on, it's a minnow trap or a hand net.

I still eat fish though - as a food hypocrite. It's the sport side of things I soured on.

Fish and aquariums are not your family. Your family is your family. Just to remind some who get lost in the fervor of collectoritis.
oop.too serious. no reaction-lol.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back