Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes rather is true. But alot of those dogs in SHELTERS are dogs that had parents who were on the streets or they were both in a home and the two dogs decided to have a litter of pups.
I don't agree with buying from breeders. Maybe REPUTABLE ones but I support adopting from a shelter more
My dog came from a shelter, sadly the local shelter doesn't have a fish section. If it did, my fish would have come from there as well.

My dog came from a shelter, sadly the local shelter doesn't have a fish section. If it did, my fish would have come from there as well.
Lol. Yeah. That's not what I meant. I was talking about dogs in that sense

You havent reached fish nirvana if you are constantly tearing down tanks or constantly moving fish around. Only if you are always adding new fish is that ok- as in your expanding fishroom. But,not letting fish community's knit and no calm settling and with stress on the fish from net chases and decor removal all the time..you are going backwards at fish keeping.
I see that all the time on the Tube, the constant "new content" used as a reason to redo the 1,800 gallon down to the nano tank over and over. I think its a bad lesson overall. We need more "My Clown Loaches are 27 years old!" type vids and articles.

A makesnand afraid episode. They were eating oscars. I was throwing a fit!
I guess it is all about the culture in which you were raised. I can't see myself eating oscars either but that is just a difference in culture. Still, is it really any different than eating perch or bass?

I have adopted a fish from a local fish rescue. It was a betta. Not a fancy one, just a betta. All my dogs are rescues. With my allergies no one needs to be breeding dogs for me to have one.

Unpopular opinion 1. Unless you have a pump drawing your tap water from a river, lake or stream, it does not contain ich naturally.
2. Ich comes from fish stores or wherever you get your fish.
3. KH supports pH. Period. There are cities that raise pH without raising KH which is why some people can let their water sit overnight and pH will drop. Doesn't work for me. I have KH. over 120 ppm? I don't have a liquid kh test handy today.

had 10 and they constantly fought with one another, nipped each others fins, and even bit one of the face off one of them. Nothing but conflicts with them and they've started going after my other fish in the tank too, so I ended up rehoming all 10 lol

Theyre meaner than my skirt tetras and cherry barbs combined haha
You bought the wrong ones, you bought the Ninja Tetra.

In my time keeping fish, every single outbreak of Ich has been easy to trace - it came in on store fish. It can take a little time to run wild, but the source was always very affected by it. Once I learned to spot it early, it ceased to be a problem.
A friend got some shots of Ich in the Amazon. Each affected tetra had one or two spots. It appears to be a basic, low grade parasite that wild fish can swim away from. The parasites get lost in the massive volume of moving water, and just get enough hosts to keep going. Fish crowded into tanks can't outswim the Ich that bursts out of the white cyst, and we get outbreaks the way crowded human cities also have trapped and crowded epidemics. In the wild, it looks like it's an itchy annoyance that a fish puts up with for a week.

It makes me wonder sometimes how angel fish survive in the wild. I was at a friend's house last night watching him feed his angels some ghost shrimp. I gotta say, it's like watching a bulldog trying to catch a mouse, they do get them eventually after several failed attempts though

Angel prey is usually smaller. They like to graze a lot, though they grab bite sized food that swims too close in nature.

Wouldn't it be fun to have cheeseburgers float by? French fries?...just wait around and then catch a bite of them. Free too!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back