Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
DID you notice that your plants grow faster at night? Its like they took all the energy from the previous day and used it at night to grow. Wadoyathink?
That is actually normal for most plants. They give off oxygen, take in CO2, use light etc during the daytime, but everything finishes up at night during the CO2 discharge cycle. True for garden plants definitely too

Exactly. I look at my sword plant before putting the lights off and when i turn them back on in the morning its 20% bigger-ha. Something like that.

Swords seem dull,,until you try the ones with color. I might order 'Sultan' it's purple leafed.

Swords seem dull,,until you try the ones with color. I might order 'Sultan' it's purple leafed.
I find the colored ones a lot harder to grow, though...you have to, like, DO stuff with them. The green ones? They'll pretty much grow in a clogged garbage disposal, once they get going. I like green. And idiot-proof. I like idiot-proof.

Depends on the bar you set . For just live? Swords are it. For grow and look Kingly? Yes,it takes more light and feeding and maybe room although a huge sword in the center of a meer 30 gallon looks great.
One fact since the Ozelot hit it big? Fish like to hide under its leaves...Loaches especially.

Monster fish vids or just keeping get dull fast when they are kept in aquariums of less than a 1,000 gallons. Even then,the fish are about as long as the tank is wide. Then,you have the people with 5,000 gallon tanks..and NO decor..just bare tank. No fun.
Also..why do people want Pacu? They have no color..just camo. Leave them in the Amazon.
I think Monster fish have ended more fish careers than most other types. It's debatable...reef,giant fish,Discus-lol.
I exclude the under 100 gallon community tank of most who start out.

On every single marine post of fish or reef and something is ill? I want to post "GET OUT! get out now!...I'm saving you thousands of $$$$ and much heartache!"
Its been posted a few times..guys wake up one day and just don't want the reef anymore. 50 grand in and give away just about to get out...NOW!

Iwagumi? Reminds me of Easter Island. I really don't see the reason to spend thousands for an aquarium with just a large rock and a groundcover. Why not just make a terrarium the same for $$$$ less? No fish to even bother with.

Why don't more aquarists set up and run freshwater tanks with fish from the same region? Biotope tanks - where the plants and fish are a living snapshot of a region?

If you are inclined to get into details. why channel that into expensive gear? Channel it into creating and running habitats.

Why don't more aquarists set up and run freshwater tanks with fish from the same region? Biotope tanks - where the plants and fish are a living snapshot of a region?

If you are inclined to get into details. why channel that into expensive gear? Channel it into creating and running habitats.
Well let's see.... I live in Wyoming. While I admit that it would be a bit cool to have local fish I wonder how long a rainbow trout would make it in my 20 gallon tank.

Now, if I read your post wrong and you don't actually mean local as to where you live..... Many here DO try to setup tanks where everything is consistent as to a natural environment.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back