Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Black diamond blasting sand isnt suitable for bottom dwelling fish!
And live bearing fish are the worst, especially sword tails and guppies, mollies and platies are less annoying but not much.
I've 2 platies I've re-homed & they've no personality & are mindless eating machines! I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care for them.

I was helping my fiance set up her first ever tank of her own the other day. I let her pick out everything herself with minimal guidance as far as decor/substrate goes (although I told her live plants weren't optional lol). I think it killed her inside to NOT pick some neon purple gravel and sugar skull decoration...but by some miracle (probably her seeing me obsessing over my "natural" looking personal tank) we walked out of there with black sand and a modest scuba helmet decoration.
Awe, don't be a hater! 😂

Nah I think thats something else. The pacu I believe.

Though, when I went on vacation to Key West Florida, we visited the aquarium there and we saw a saltwater sheepshead who had human teeth and he made us laugh. I took a photo to remember his buck toothed grin.
View attachment 111216
Aren't these the ones rumored to have mistakenly bitten the wrong kind of "nuts" in the water?

Ok, my turn.... Neon or brightly colored gravel and plants are hideous and should be banned from the Pet Trade!!
Sorry if you have pink, orange, or purple gravel and plants, and I have offended you...
Actually, no, not sorry!! Lol... Gravel and plants should look natural, and not be Techno Colors!!
Phew, I feel so much better getting that off my chest!!! :p :D
That's not an unpopular opinion, most people that have natural tanks dislike artificial.

From a short distance my aquarium looks bee-you-tee-full. Up close I see all the faults,all the ugly algae. So,I will no longer get too close to my aquarium...
But if you don't get close you won't be able to see the fish :rofl:

Algae is beautiful. I like it as much as I like aquatic plants. I have atleast ten types of algae in my 15 gallon and I love them. (I guess now I'm officially crazy??!)

It looks like Rachel O'leary has tired of Youtubing. She had some accident but it was minor and has shown no new content in months. Corvis Oscen has gone from showing plants to just talking about them. Not into that. His veiws is not what it used to be.
Some others have done the "I'm moving" excuse..some are,others not so sure. The King went from trying t o create his own public aquarium to just keeping whatever gets views to pay the bills. I never got the feeling that he's really into this hobby. But now he's trapped and if he has to go out and catch Flipper to get views...

DID you notice that your plants grow faster at night? Its like they took all the energy from the previous day and used it at night to grow. Wadoyathink?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back