Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ohio Fish Rescue has done a few episodes of putting ceramic tiles down. Ok..for as many big tank they have that can be ok. But mostly it makes the aquarium look like a bathroom :) at the local gas station.
I would recommend they diversify..try slate or flagstone cut,then broken up and put down in a puzzle look..for some tanks makes the broken pieces large and others smaller with sand to fill in the narrow cracks. Heck,it can be thicker here then there..for even more natural.
My 2 cents.

Once again I saw a vid where a aquascaper in Asia created a beautiful mountain range in a larger aquarium- 125 gallons or so. Used some great driftwood,rugged rocks. It looked like natural habitat for Bristlecone Pines high in the Sierras.
Then what did he do?
He covered it all within weeks with plants. Just a small portion of the rocks could now be seen.
It would have blown people away if he used no plants,some kind of mood lighting. Then add a few schools of small fish.
Always gets me... 😉

I actually think brown Discus with electric blue stripes are the nicest Discus of them all. Like their wild cousins. The all yellow Discus?..woo,like those day glo fish.
To me if you do have the all yellow or any of the gaudy man made fish? Don't try and pass it off as normal fish with plants and driftwood. Nope,keep it in some aquarium with colored gravel. Something that fits the look.

Y’all really set your self up for some heavy debates *grabs popcorn* let’s go! This is why I love forums like this 😆

Here is my lil add on to this
Betta are not beginners pets
I hate it when websites say they are
There let’s see who agrees

Here is my lil add on to this
Betta are not beginners pets
I hate it when websites say they are
There let’s see who agrees
I sort of have to agree as Betta SEEM easy. I mean they sell them in little cups of water. Unfortunately few tend to live long due to people thinking that you can just throw them in a bowl of water all is good.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back