Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Food bloggers always have to get in mom. All cooking show hosts do that all the time..including Grandma for more props.
I guess this opinion really fits this category if they are cooking fish!

You don't watch Fish videos? Ah,your missing a lot of free info. Even me at 50 years into it pick up some nuggets here and there.
Although I get your sense. I should be pouring over stock vids,Mortgage loans vids,and how to keep old houses from falling down. I do though go to youtube to how to fix appliances and PC. That youtube has save me money on simple solutions that are expensive if you pay somebody to do it.
I unclogged a burner with a bread wrap twisty with paper burned off. Just a tiny pinhole in the burner was clogged by grease. EZ

I've watched videos about how to change the battery and the display screen on iphones. Saved me mucho dollars. I also watch lawn mower repair vids and auto repair vids to save some bucks.

I watch a lot of historical stuff on youtube. Lindybeige and Modern History TV are favorites. And of course, hunting videos are fun to help get me through the off-seasons. :)

For fish videos (bringing it back on topic, see?), I always enjoy Rachel O'Leary's stuff. But most fish vids I've seen are junk.

Last edited:
If I'm at 1:00 and they still haven't delivered the goods, I'm outta there. :lol: Life is too short. It's like recipe bloggers who have to tell you their life story, and the deep emotional significance this recipe has for them. JUST TELL ME HOW TO MAKE THE FOOD, ALREADY!!!
I am not sure how many times I would have starved to death if I had to read/listen to their life story...Betsy, I ain't got time to listen to your crap, give me my recipe! I am hungry!

I’ll chime in

Aulonocara and mbuna can most definitely mix

Aslong as the keeper is varying foods

Most of the hybrid Aulonacara in the hobby should appear on a cooking show.

HERES ONE YOU WILL HATE!. ha. I think that bill to limit fish in the hobby? Is a good idea. I just watched a vid on Plecos and it wont be long before Yellow plecs,Royal- some with yellow stripes,Zebra and they also showed Pleco's I've never seen that reach 4' long. Not many in the wild.
Collectors will drive them to extinction since almost every one buys just one and one will never have young!
I'm sure they will be poached..but the bill has to help.
I've kept everything from nano fish to 6' Sturgeons and I really think what we have that breeds and thrives in aquariums is what we should be happy with. Some fish are just too exotic for 90% of those who buy them.

Plecs are ugly. Not cute-ugly. Just ugly. And bristlenose. Even the albino. Actually especially the albino.
There. I've said it.
Sorry everyone.
ok. I really like the long fin ones though, those are pretty. super red long fins are my dream fish

Last month somebody said I had it in for Andrew Sandler and his million dollar home aquarium. No,I do not. What happened is that the first vid he put out that I saw? Couldn't even tell if he had real or fake corals. I watched his latest and oh,they are very real and his set up is equal to any public aquarium. I like too? He doesn't try to save money by starving the fish..or worry about waste. He goes out and gets a better filter. His protein skimmer is larger than most "monster aquariums". You really need to see it.
He has miles of PVC running everywhere and some in huge diameters.
He's a financial trader. Now,he also trades frags-ha.

Plecs are ugly. Not cute-ugly. Just ugly. And bristlenose. Even the albino. Actually especially the albino.
There. I've said it.
Sorry everyone.
I’m sorry but no, you are wrong. Unless you are talking about bristlenose, they are in fact ugly

Most reactions

trending

Back