Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i do have 1 fake plant because of the whacky colours but the rest i keep are real

another unpopular oppinion-Beluga actually makes terrible Caviar!

Whenever I had caviar on the cruise ships it always reminded me of the brine shrimp eggs I gave the fish as a treat....apart from the wide variety of colours that caviar comes in

Red Salmonid & gold Ossetra caviar on garlic bread.....seriously yummy :)

Whenever I had caviar on the cruise ships it always reminded me of the brine shrimp eggs I gave the fish as a treat....apart from the wide variety of colours that caviar comes in

Red Salmonid & gold Ossetra caviar on garlic bread.....seriously yummy :)
I have only ever had orange caviar, its da best. I like it with salmon yum yum

I’ve never had caviar. I saw a documentary about the Salmon that spawn in Alaska and the fishing trade up there. It was talking about how some people make the majority of their money in the short time that the Salmon are spawning because they go out and collect their eggs off all the driftwood and such. There were so many salmon eggs. It may have been a different fish, but I can’t remember what

I’ve never had caviar. I saw a documentary about the Salmon that spawn in Alaska and the fishing trade up there. It was talking about how some people make the majority of their money in the short time that the Salmon are spawning because they go out and collect their eggs off all the driftwood and such. There were so many salmon eggs. It may have been a different fish, but I can’t remember what
No, that sounds like salmon. I was watching a BBC documentary that said the salmon run is the primary source of nutrients for the whole British Columbia rain forest ecosystem.

No, that sounds like salmon. I was watching a BBC documentary that said the salmon run is the primary source of nutrients for the whole British Columbia rain forest ecosystem.
I was thinking it was salmon, but the documentary made a big deal about some other fish so I started to doubt myself. Wow! That is really cool.

Back in the day? (1970's) I saw a 240 gallon that was so beautiful at a LFS. He had large Clown Loaches,Tinfoil Barbs with 14" of fiery red fins and black edging...Mono's and a Scat that was like10"? Big...all over white fine gravel. Now,what was really cool was that he has made a large rock "bridge" of something that was kind of like Dragon stone and other rocks in the middle. That tank divided two rooms. I remember watching the fish loved to swim under the bridge..some would hover.
Now,you NEVER see that much art put into a scapers tank. Or even a fish only aquarium. The stone bridge is a lost art.

Back in the day? (1970's) I saw a 240 gallon that was so beautiful at a LFS. He had large Clown Loaches,Tinfoil Barbs with 14" of fiery red fins and black edging...Mono's and a Scat that was like10"? Big...all over white fine gravel. Now,what was really cool was that he has made a large rock "bridge" of something that was kind of like Dragon stone and other rocks in the middle. That tank divided two rooms. I remember watching the fish loved to swim under the bridge..some would hover.
Now,you NEVER see that much art put into a scapers tank. Or even a fish only aquarium. The stone bridge is a lost art.
That sounds really cool. I don't know about scaping and rockwork being lost arts--I've seen some amazing stuff--but you sure don't see beautiful display tanks like that in pet stores very often.

I guess plant people would say the bridge blocks light. The monster fish people would say it takes up room and those big fish would knock it down eventually. But..for tanks that are just hardscape and with show fish?..it looked great to me. A big Redtail Shark was another fish I remember.
The Tinfoils and the Mono's..young M.argentus and a pair of large M. sebae really seemed to enjoy swimming under that bridge.

Here's one. I saw a youtube vid of a high-tech plant tank done by some little company for a client. What gets me is it was like a throwback to the 70's and 80's with a wooden baroque stand that looked so much like a coffin! I remember when that was the standard look for aquariums- and TV's!
Anyways, the stand looked so heavy and scary...

Here's one. I saw a youtube vid of a high-tech plant tank done by some little company for a client. What gets me is it was like a throwback to the 70's and 80's with a wooden baroque stand that looked so much like a coffin! I remember when that was the standard look for aquariums- and TV's!
Anyways the stand looked so heavy and scary...
So what's the 'unpopular opinion'??

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back