Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ok,How about all those aquascapers who post their professional planted aquariums..and enhance the color with the camera? Instead of what it is in person with the brand x light,you get that almost neon glow to everything.
I saw a vid where he put a Fluval 3.0 over an aquarium and did NOT enhance it. What a difference from an other channels vids with 3.0. The unenhanced was very bright @70 watts or so..but greens did not glow like in others channels and that's pretty much ALL the aquarium plant channel's special affects.

I actually believe some fish can live in smaller than 5 gallons. It has been done by many, but you just have to pick the right ones, examples: scarlet badis, some killis, or maybe some brigittae rasboras.

Last edited:
I actually believe some fish can live in smaller than 5 gallons. It has been done by many, but you just have to pick the right ones, examples: scarlet badis, some killis, and maybe some brigittae rasboras.
I have 6 boraras uropthalmoides (exclamation point rasbora) and a handful of blue dream shrimp (currently with tons of babies) in a 3.5 gallon unfiltered planted bowl. It’s been set up for a year and a half.

Attachments

• 35D69086-546C-49F5-83A4-09B74F0D4A46.jpeg
    35D69086-546C-49F5-83A4-09B74F0D4A46.jpeg
    354.3 KB · Views: 59
Then....The "KING" and his 2,000 gallon looks to me like he feeds them once a day and they better be happy on that. His Severums look thin..none have a filled out belly and some look to be near stunted already.
I also watched as a Tiger Barb snuck up behind an Angel,made its move and...King then made a quick edit!
Water quality looks top notch. He's got the nuts and bolts down..but something is missing in his psyche on the fish husbandry skills.

Bristlenose plecos kind of remind me of Transformers. They look so small and adorable (but born very clever) and grow up and turn into serious looking tanks (that are still friendly) - how many other species can you say this about? Just a few and I bet you they are all Pleco or Loaches. Oh and take a look at the Thomasi L188a Pleco (If ANYBODY CAN FIND THEM) Like a Bristlenose they have a very difference in appearance on the part of them they have facing the tank (like an outline of a sexy, curvy girl but those few times you get a look at them from the topside they look just like a cory or catfish - talk about a strange transformation, And the glass facing side of the Hillstream loach looks to me like a cooked turkey sitting on a serving platter but then their flip side looks like a cool cat fish.

I made myself read all 99 pages of this thread, after browsing through most of the rest of the forums.
After all the snail and praw...er....soz...'shrimp' talk, I now have an almost-insatiable craving for garlic butter!
Whilst it is true that there's no such thing as a stupid question, there are plenty of inquisitive idiots and I'm proud to have found the like-minded.

Most of the opinions expressed in here have at least several agreeing with them, so not exactly unpopular opinions.
That said, here's one that I suspect will be unpopular, especially amongst many parents...

(Checks proximity of exits...looks for loose objects to cast about...takes deep breath...)

Children should not be indulged with plastic toys and fish. I don't care if little Azalea wants a fishy and wants it to live with pretty plastic flowers. If little Azalea needs such things to be interested and to hold her attention, then little Azalea is not yet ready for the responsibilities of animal husbandry. Too many parents over-indulge their sprogs with 'disposable' animals for them to play with, believing that they are building a foundation for future care and compassion for living things. Too often, the sad critters are treated exactly the same way as the kid's other toys...and just as some (thankfully) parents appreciate that puppies and kitties are not appropriate, there should never, ever, be the ethos of 'just' fish.
(As an aside, kids who abuse lesser creatures nearly always grow up to be neon tetra-angelfish, or sociopathic psychopaths, with murderous intent).
Animals require proper care and attention and, as was mentioned both briefly and earlier, perhaps we should all have to sit a small exam to show that we are not too stupid to take on the responsibilities due.

They were probably referring to wild bettas, they can live together. The aggression was bred out for people to bet on. But I don't think that domesticated \bettas can, just my opinion, I don't know what @Crispii thinks though.

They were probably referring to wild bettas, they can live together. The aggression was bred out for people to bet on. But I don't think that domesticated \bettas can, just my opinion, I don't know what @Crispii thinks though.
There are different species of betta. Some do OK in groups. Others (such as male splendens, wild or otherwise) are just too aggressive to be kept together in captivity.

There are different species of betta. Some do OK in groups. Others (such as male splendens, wild or otherwise) are just too aggressive to be kept together in captivity.
Yes definitely, I thought you were referring to specifically Betta splendens. I believe there is over 60 species.

In need of
iron.png
restocking ?
Unpopular opinions ? Every single time I say :
- no this fish is not suitable (for any reason),
- tank too small/overcrowded, especially if I format my replies : I've heard that it is incredibly straining to read 😬 (apologies for that),
- fishes are more clever than human think,
- do not buy dyed or injected with color fishes,
- stress leads to 95% of diseases,
- etc. etc...... 🥴😂

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back