Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Okay, here are the list of my ‘overrated and underrated opinions’

Cichlids (except discus, rams and angels), betta (I live in Thailand you know?), Arowanas, corydoras, Glo-fish, Tiger barbs,
Amano shrimps, molly, platy, swordtail and guppies.

All of this are overrated IMO :p

Underrated:
Discus, angels, killifish, loaches, lemon tetras, blind mexican tetras,
Triops, Black ghost knifefish, RAINBOWFish, halfbeak, goby and all other fishes that are not mentioned on the overrated post are underrated

I really have fun making this list tbh :D

Last edited:

Cichlids (except discus, rams and angels), betta (I live in Thailand you know?), Arowanas, corydoras, Glo-fish, Tiger barbs,

Underrated:
Triops, Black ghost knifefish, RAINBOWFish, halfbeak, goby and all other fishes that are not mentioned on the overrated post are underrated

I like betta, corydoras, tiger barbs, swordtails and amano shrimps but I wouldn't keep swordtails because of MANY BABIES!

Agree that lemon tetras (and glowlight tetras!) are under-rated.

Angels and arowanas - especially arowanas (they're so UGLY) are definitely over-rated IMO.

I like betta, corydoras, tiger barbs, swordtails and amano shrimps but I wouldn't keep swordtails because of MANY BABIES!

Agree that lemon tetras (and glowlight tetras!) are under-rated.

Angels and arowanas - especially arowanas (they're so UGLY) are definitely over-rated IMO.
Congrats @LostBear on #1000 post :-:-:-

Another unpopular opinion; Angelfish should be renamed as Devilfish :devil: instead.

Last edited:
So, I've been thinking for a while: what's the point of buying a fish you never see? I'm thinking some species of loaches, eels, plecos, etc. Especially since many of them cost whoa $$$$, why put them in your tank to increase the bioload, and then the only way you know they're not dead is because you don't spike ammonia...

Waste of money and tank space if you ask me

Underrated:

i agree with all your underrated fish, for example the mexican blind tetra has a non blind counterpart that is green and quite a nice shoaler an its care is the same but just a little warmer water (here is a side to side of the blind and the non blind keep in mind that they are the same species and even breed succesful offspring), now i do have kind of a problem with the discus because at least here where i live the discus is called the king of the aquarium and if you have a well kept large blackwater biotope with a shoal of discus the you are one of the best fish keepers so not underrated at all, rather a loved dream fish.
1605804476138.png

Now i disagree with some of the overrated fish like some cichlids like apistogrammas and other lesser known chiclids like those in the vieja family but other are super overrated like mbunas because they are mean little turds,i also disagree with bettas and arowanas but knowing that you live in thailand i kinda understand you since you are done with seeing them everywere and with them being the only fish that come in to peoples minds when talking about thailand, and last but not least i disagree with guppies *for obvious reasons*, every other fish in that overrated list i 100% agree with, but the preacher must follow his own teachings so I will keep my opinions on the subject and let you enjoy your fish and I will enjoy mine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back