FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mrstwalker

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As most of you know, Barbs are schooling fish and can be very aggressive without others to school with. This particular barb was lonely and decided to school with my male platy instead of bully him. These are my cycling fish and have gone through several different tank cycles together and have done great! I love them so much and they are the funniest pair! 

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 185
I have a lone nanus cory that schools with the 3 white skirt tetras I have in the tank.  cute

strange how the barb didn't school with the others, could be bullied. best to have them in 6+ groups to spread out aggression, unless you have a solo platy and barb.

BerryAttack said:
strange how the barb didn't school with the others, could be bullied. best to have them in 6+ groups to spread out aggression, unless you have a solo platy and barb.
I have only a sole platy and a sole barb at the time in this tank, this was while the tank was cycling :)

I had a panda Cory's that would shoal with my 10 five banded barbs and the banded barbs would let him eat with them but not let any of the Cory's eat with them.

Hi and 
welcomeani.gif
to the forum.

Sounds cute but not ideal, think might be best to bump up their numbers as they will be happier amongst their own kind.

Can I ask why you have done several different tanks with fish in cycle with these two?

Once you have one tank cycled, you can then use that filter media to cycle another tank.

Have a read of this in case you have not already done so,

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/421488-cycling-your-new-fresh-water-tank-read-this-first/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back