Unknown Fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

iownupkr66

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
getting a picture of this fish would be near inpossible its in my lake a person gave them to me i have 2 of them there dark red in colour about there about 8 inches -10 inch there not goldfish,koi,tench,orfe,rudd,carp not aclue what they are any ideas? i know its hard with no pic but my describson might be good enough :)

Pity you have no picture, they could be Crucian Carp, do a Google search and see if that is what they are.

nope not crucian carp i go fishing and never seen anything like them there dark red in colour when out of water bright red there quite long fin fish no barbels

This has got me wondering myself, does it look like a predator type of fish or if you does it resemble a certain type of fish that you know?

I read there are Koi fish bread in Japan that are red, does it look like a Carp type body?

Where did the friend get them from, may be they are tropical even though you have them in coldwater?

i dont speak to them anymore and ive had the fish for about 10 years it dosent look anything like a carp

a video is near inpossible there in a 5 acre lake and they stay near the bottom there slim and long fish nothing like a carp there dark red and when outta water there brigh red any thing i can type into google to see if its it ?

Most reactions

Back