Unipac Limpopo Black Sand

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Bruben

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Are Corydoras happy on Limpopo black sand (1000 Āµ to 1200 Āµ)? Iā€™ve had them on it for a few months now and they all seem happy to sift through it and barbels all seem good and long to my untrained eye.

Iā€™ve seen some posts recently that say they like to put the sand through their gills and not sure if itā€™s too thick for that? (Iā€™ve got peppered and albino corys).

Any advice greatly appreciated!

EDIT: just as Iā€™ve posted this and while taking pictures Iā€™ve noticed the sand coming through their gills
92DFAACB-5DB8-4F03-BF98-131A93DE3126.jpeg

29250019-2A0D-4E91-9E6E-935C1375E51C.jpeg

I use Unipac Limpopo Fine Grade, your's looks a little more coarse (but that could be due to it being up close).....I also use Unipac Micro Gravel...my Cories have no ill effects from either.

I use Unipac Limpopo Fine Grade, your's looks a little more coarse (but that could be due to it being up close).....I also use Unipac Micro Gravel...my Cories have no ill effects from either.
Thanks @wasmewasntit :)

I did zoom in a bit to try and show a size comparison between the corys and the sand. Iā€™ve had a quick Google for the fine grade Limpopo but couldnā€™t see it, do you know where you got it?

This is where I get most of my ancilliaries such as sand from, have done for several years and they have never let me down...they are very efficient and delivery is quick too, even on standard postal delivery which is Royal Mail 48 hours. (Sand comes in other blends/colours and pack size too)

This is where I get most of my ancilliaries such as sand from, have done for several years and they have never let me down...they are very efficient and delivery is quick too, even on standard postal delivery which is Royal Mail 48 hours. (Sand comes in other blends/colours and pack size too)

Great help, thank you :)

I recently bought some plants from there and agree, delivery was quick and very well packaged!

You're welcome :)

I agree, they are brilliant...I have bought two aquariums, 5 filters and all the other ancilliaries from Pro-Shrimp....cannot fault them at all

Despite their name, they deal with all aspects of aquatics, not just shrimp

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back