Unidentified Worm-Looking Creatures in Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

crupp29

Reaction score
I wasnā€™t really sure where to post this, but I just found some white worm-looking creatures on the glass of my 10 gallon. Iā€™m not sure whether or not I should be concerned, but I thought I would ask if anyone is able to identify them anyway. An image has been attached, itā€™s the best one I could take. I set up this tank a little over a couple of months ago. It contains dragon stone, driftwood, plant substrate, and a few plants. The stocking so far consists of a guppy (Iā€™m planning on adding more) and a nerite snail. They are not from the snail because I only added the snail last weekend (which wouldnā€™t have given it enough time to lay eggs and for the eggs to hatch, which they wouldnā€™t be able to do anyway). Any help on identifying what these may be is appreciated.

Attachments

• DF5044BA-6B9A-4D6E-A4D7-4C2D5B506B77.jpeg
    DF5044BA-6B9A-4D6E-A4D7-4C2D5B506B77.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 104
I had eggs from Nerite snail the day after I put them into the tank so I wouldn't say that it's impossible. Are they moving?

It could be something which hitched a ride on your plants. I had lots of fascinating little creatures all over my glass. They gave me something to watch while cycling. They've all gone now - possibly eaten.

My money is on baby snails.
Actually, I did see what I suspect was a baby snail a couple of days ago. It looked a lot more developed than what I found yesterday (I saw its shell). Also, the it was larger than these. I lost it before I could take a picture, but I assume it came on one of the plants I bought recently.

Maybe detritus worms?....common in overfed tanks...you are feeding too much for 1 fish, and a snail

Maybe detritus worms?....common in overfed tanks...you are feeding too much for 1 fish, and a snail

Thank you. I did have a couple more guppies (all males) that passed and I'm not sure why because all of the parameters were where they were supposed to be (the tank was cycled before I bought any). This is the reason why I'm holding off on buying any more. I want to identify the problem (if there is one), which I would assume there must be. The guppy and snail I have now seem to be doing just fine. I have been feeding less than I was before, but its probably too much still.

Nerite snails will not hatch in freshwater. Hard to ID with the pic, can you get a short video of it moving?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back